• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA Trial

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's simple: MDA was on the the USAir ops cert but was operated as a seperate entity with no ability to crossbid to mainline. Whether this was right or wrong is not for AWA pilots to say. But MDA was not mainline.

It's simple: MDA was on the the USAir ops cert but was operated as a seperate entity with no ability to crossbid to mainline. Whether this was right or wrong is not for AWA pilots to say. But MDA was not mainline.

A west pilot cant bid for a 330 position as of this moment, so I guess they are not real Airways pilots.

Contractual language does not always define who you actually work for.

West pilot
cant cross bid east widebodys
Yet somehow this pilot works for US Air, gets paid by US Air, uses US Air call sign, operates under the US Air certificate, is on the US Air seniority roster, (position obviously up for argument) but on the list.

Last edited:
That's what I don't get! Two parties will NEVER agree on something that they are so emotional about. I don't understand what could be more fair than the process that took place to get the combined seniority list. There were three NEUTRAL people who heard each side's case, talked it over, and decided on a list! Why is it that the East pilots are still back at square one, trying to tell the West pilots what fair should be?

And for Crzipilot to say that majority vote ("democratic") is fair in this situation, is simply wrong. If that was the case, then why even have a process; whether it be DOH, ratio's, arbitrators or whatever, in place??? If a majority vote was THE fair way to do a list, then the smaller of the two pilot groups should just resign themselves to being stapled to the bottom.

I think most of the East pilots will just never get it... that's what I'm resigned to.

Yes - there was three neutral people (if you call three ALPA pilots from various airlines each with possibly their own agenda) who heard each side's case - but if you re-read the award - it was not unanimous - one person dissented.

Metrojet

Yawwwwnnnnn....somebody wake me when we find out what civilians think of rich airline pilots whining, crying, complaining about each other.

A west pilot cant bid for a 330 position as of this moment, so I guess they are not real Airways pilots.
Funny you should say that. My W2, paystub and direct-deposit info still reads "America West". So you're right, despite my badge and the paint job on my airplanes I'm actually not a US Airways pilot. I'll try to hide my disappointment.

But back to what I wrote, I'll type it again slowly. MDA was seperate from mainline because that's how management operated it. How you feel about it is irrelevent. Arbitrator Nicolau fully understood the situation when he ruled on it.

Last edited:
MDA aircraft had a big "EXPRESS" written on the side! No mainline active employee has ever flown an aircraft with "EXPRESS" on the side. Could you bid the airbus while employed at the elite"Embraer Division"? Spin it all you want, you were not an active mainline pilot while at MDA.

Yes - there was three neutral people (if you call three ALPA pilots from various airlines each with possibly their own agenda) who heard each side's case - but if you re-read the award - it was not unanimous - one person dissented.

Metrojet

Correct me if I'm wrong, I have good memory, it's just short, but weren't there only two ALPA neutrals, and one neutral arbitrator? And the only dissent was that one of the pilot neutrals thought that the furloughed east guys should be included in the ratioed list.

So, even if the list went according to the oddball, it would still look nothing like a DOH list.

Typical answer though: "the arbitrators were biased". Apparently everyone who disagrees with the East is either biased or high on something.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I have good memory, it's just short, but weren't there only two ALPA neutrals, and one neutral arbitrator? And the only dissent was that one of the pilot neutrals thought that the furloughed east guys should be included in the ratioed list.

So, even if the list went according to the oddball, it would still look nothing like a DOH list.

Typical answer though: "the arbitrators were biased". Apparently everyone who disagrees with the East is either biased or high on something.

I WILL correct you.....because you ARE wrong about the opinion of the neutrals. The neutrals agreed with the NIC decision overall.

One of the neutrals did have a problem with the pilots that had been recalled AFTER the merger/buyout was announced, after the PID date I believe. He thought that those and ONLY those pilots should have been considered active. Nic and the other neutral realized that the ONLY reason those pilots were recalled was due to the merger/buyout. Otherwise they would still be on the street OR USAir would be out of business. The opinion of the neutral did NOT include ALL furloughed pilots.

You are correct in that it was NIC and two neutrals.

Most people dont buy it when one side claims they are 100% correct and the other is 100% wrong, as that is never the case.

The only clear sound to ever come out of this sea of noise, right there.

Latest resources

Back