Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I know that our O2 always seems to be just a bit too low everytime a USAPA scab asks for a ride. Cactus is always welcome.

Well I know that our O2 always seems to be just a bit too low everytime a USAPA scab asks for a ride. Cactus is always welcome.

You guys give rides on the U2? I had no idea!

Pretty sure thing since we will be above the WX an all.

What's the flight sched?

;)

You are all welcome on my jumpseat, I don't play the jumpseat game, its stupid. You don't like someone, FINE, but don't take it out on them by refusing a jumpseat. It works both ways, AirTran refuses a USAPA guy, USAPA guy refuses an AirTran guy that had nothing to do with the first event, and then you have a full on jumpseat war which helps no one and hurts everyone. The ironic part is, I am guessing its the guys that don't commute that start this $hit.

PS, I don't commute.

:smash: Disinformation Warning!!!

Ya know, sounds to me like a west guy is bent out of shape about something, since the cut and paste neatly avoided the list of defendants!

Let me guess, the defendants are the people, property and corporation formerly known as America West?

They aren't trying to take control of everyone's jumpseats, children-they are trying to keep someone else (from out in the desert I would guess) from taking them away!

What a sham of a smokescreen! Saw right through it, cactus, I'm not Airways, but I've been around the patch a couple of times and you're really going to have to do alot better...you should be ashamed of yourself! In fact I would be given to wonder how you could survive a night out with the crew-perhaps you are a slamclicker!

If you take the time to read the thing and understand the egregious verbosity of the leagaleese you would understand that the injunction is against the following:

III. Issue a Preliminary Injunction, the same to be made permanent on final judgment, that orders all Defendants, and any of their officers, agents, or employees, be prohibited from the following acts:

Ah, there's that Defendant word...perhaps America West methinks.

3. From denying, conspiring to deny, or instigating denial of, access to "jump seats" on aircraft operated by any commercial carrierbecause of suspected membership in, or support of, USAPA, or status as an "East pilot," or because of any pretextual excuse to hide such anti-USAPA animus, or animus against East pilots;

Perhaps west pilots control the Jumpseat committee...

Perhaps west pilots are childlishly denying jumpseats to east pilots. Perhaps west pilots are making comments like the one I saw earlier "uscaba" and "those east guys shouldn't be getting a ride on aaa" while sitting in the cockpit of an aaa airplane.

What this is really saying is that "West pilots are not to interfear with East pilots jumpseat travel"

It's really not that hard to understand...unless you like the desert I guess.

Well, I tell you what. One of the two people that denyed me a jumpseat pre-911 was an America West pilot. I have never had a problem with any of the US Air crews. They've put my wife and I in First Class, done anything they could to accomodate me when I was jumpseating. Even some of the Airways gate agents have gone out of their way for me.

I've had a great time with the East guys and if you guys from out west have a problem, too bad. Any old US Air/Airways/Piedmont or whomever, you're welcome aboard as long as I have anything to say about it!

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing ALPA is a defendant....so there ya go.

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing ALPA is a defendant....so there ya go.
Nope. The defendents are 18 named AWA pilots (including two who are USAPA members) and 100 "John Does" to be named later -- or not.

If I were still flying I probably wouldn't deny a jumpseat because you don't know who the good guys are and who the scumbags are. I do know a few SW, AK, and UA guys that deny to anyone East however.

The funny thing is that this so-called injunction would be completely unenforceable. All the captain of a flight would have to say is "Under the authority vested in me by the Federal Aviation Regulations, I am denying the jumpseat in the interest of the safety of flight." End of story. If an East guy complained that he was being discriminated against, all the captain would have to say is "prove it." Bottom line is, he's the PIC and the authority is his.

Having said that, I do NOT believe the jumpseat should ever be used as a political tool.

Last edited:
:smash: Disinformation Warning!!!

Ya know, sounds to me like a west guy is bent out of shape about something, since the cut and paste neatly avoided the list of defendants!

Let me guess, the defendants are the people, property and corporation formerly known as America West?

They aren't trying to take control of everyone's jumpseats, children-they are trying to keep someone else (from out in the desert I would guess) from taking them away!

What a sham of a smokescreen! Saw right through it, cactus, I'm not Airways, but I've been around the patch a couple of times and you're really going to have to do alot better...you should be ashamed of yourself! In fact I would be given to wonder how you could survive a night out with the crew-perhaps you are a slamclicker!

If you take the time to read the thing and understand the egregious verbosity of the leagaleese you would understand that the injunction is against the following:

III. Issue a Preliminary Injunction, the same to be made permanent on final judgment, that orders all Defendants, and any of their officers, agents, or employees, be prohibited from the following acts:

Ah, there's that Defendant word...perhaps America West methinks.

3. From denying, conspiring to deny, or instigating denial of, access to "jump seats" on aircraft operated by any commercial carrierbecause of suspected membership in, or support of, USAPA, or status as an "East pilot," or because of any pretextual excuse to hide such anti-USAPA animus, or animus against East pilots;

Perhaps west pilots control the Jumpseat committee...

Perhaps west pilots are childlishly denying jumpseats to east pilots. Perhaps west pilots are making comments like the one I saw earlier "uscaba" and "those east guys shouldn't be getting a ride on aaa" while sitting in the cockpit of an aaa airplane.

What this is really saying is that "West pilots are not to interfear with East pilots jumpseat travel"

It's really not that hard to understand...unless you like the desert I guess.

Well, I tell you what. One of the two people that denyed me a jumpseat pre-911 was an America West pilot. I have never had a problem with any of the US Air crews. They've put my wife and I in First Class, done anything they could to accomodate me when I was jumpseating. Even some of the Airways gate agents have gone out of their way for me.

I've had a great time with the East guys and if you guys from out west have a problem, too bad. Any old US Air/Airways/Piedmont or whomever, you're welcome aboard as long as I have anything to say about it!

"Facts are stubborn things" -- John Adams

Com'on weasel don't hate, the shoe fits you soo well!! But do like the rest of your kind does and sue or cry to the mods but no matter what you or your ussapy friends attempt the smell will never wash off of you;)

WD.

Your posts are just hate filled garbadge. The kind of stuff you might see on a bathroom wall. Someone needs to clean it up, so I flag it for the mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back