• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA Runoff election

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like you been told,Eastie...... :smash: I gotta hand it to ya', Be Careful. You're anything but , once you get in front of a computer keyboard. Looking forward to the complete meltdown this coming May. Should be entertaining to say the very least........ :rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Really, fred? And how much did America West pay for US Airways?
Sorry you have trouble with facts. From the SEC:

For accounting purposes only, we will account for the merger as a “reverse acquisition” using the purchase method of accounting in conformity with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America. Although the merger is structured such that America West Holdings became our wholly owned subsidiary at closing, America West Holdings will be treated as the acquiring company for accounting purposes in accordance with SFAS No. 141, “Business Combinations.” Because America West Holdings’ stockholders are expected to own approximately 33% of the shares of New US Airways Group after the merger as compared to the former US Airways Group creditors who will own 10%, which assumes the exchange of certain convertible debt and reflects the impact of certain securities that are dilutive at the per share price paid by the equity investors, America West Holdings received a larger number of designees to the New US Airways Group board of directors, and America West Holdings’ Chairman and Chief Executive Officer serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of New US Airways Group, America West Holdings is deemed to be the acquiring company for accounting purposes.

Source: http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/701345/000095012305011287/p70803a2sv1za.htm#134

As everybody knows the money came from outside investors. Does any of this matter? No. But it's still a fact that AWA was the acquiring carrier.

No doubt the USAPA CIRP will be activated if they lose the trial.

I hear that they have a fool proof plan to deal with any judgment that might not be to their liking.

If the judge rules against them they plan on changing bargaining agents. They'll dump USAPA and certify the Independnt Pilot Union, IPU, (pronouced eye-pooh) as their new agent.

America West might not have purchased them, but Air Wisconsin came pretty close buying 15% of the company and giving US Airways enough cash to last long enough to merge in the first place. Of course then they sold their stake when the stock was ~60 dollars per share, making a cool clean 500 mil off the deal. Just a thought.......

Well yeah, 15% is pretty close :laugh:

Hey careful. The AWA chapter 11 was 1991-1992. Our long U S Airways nightmare did not begin until 2005. Thats a 13 year year breath of fresh air on my calender. We were hiring and upgrading to the left seat at the 7 year seniority point in May 2005 when we were exposed to the toxicity that is U S Airways.
How about calling over to the pulled pork mafia over on Cranberry Lane in CLT to ask MC and ST how they enjoyed giving their depositions yesterday??

Hey careful. The AWA chapter 11 was 1991-1992. Our long U S Airways nightmare did not begin until 2005. Thats a 13 year year breath of fresh air on my calender. We were hiring and upgrading to the left seat at the 7 year seniority point in May 2005 when we were exposed to the toxicity that is U S Airways.
How about calling over to the pulled pork mafia over on Cranberry Lane in CLT to ask MC and ST how they enjoyed giving their depositions yesterday??

I take it none of you guys will be watching The Masters this weekend...

Hey careful. The AWA chapter 11 was 1991-1992. Our long U S Airways nightmare did not begin until 2005. Thats a 13 year year breath of fresh air on my calender.

Ask the 800+ USAir pilots who were furloughed from 1990-98 how fresh that air was.

I take it none of you guys will be watching The Masters this weekend...

Thats a rich man's sport. What I DO plan on watching is a special edition of College Football Gameday Saturday on ESPN. They are going around the country and visiting spring practice and talking about prospects for this fall.

Latest resources

Back