• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA MOU vote results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What surprised me was that so many were willing to allow the medical insurance assessment money to become another USAPA slush fund. They haven't used any of the money they have extorted from the pilots productively, yet so many are willing to throw good money after bad.

USAPA - The Gold Standard of Stupidity

USAPA is in "the black" general funding-wise, but we have ZERO money in the bank tagged for Merger Funds. While the MOU has language for the company to reimburse USAPA for merger activities, we will most assuredly use all of that (IMHO). This is why USAPA has in its constitution & bylaws an ability to assess the pilot group for said funds.

The $400,000.00 is a portion of what will be needed (IMHO), and thus just a temporary merger financial bandaid.

Converting those funds saved the association a little money & time. That's all.

CB

can you elaborate on what that is?

If your familiar with the show The Big Bang Theory then you will understand when I quote, "NOOOOOOO WHY DID YOU HAVE TO ASK HIM THAT !!!!!!" Now prepare yourself for at least two pages of yet another East/West Poo Flinging Festival. It's OK we all make mistakes. ;-)

By now, I wish there was a Wikipedia about it. I just don't have the strength anymore..

USAPA is in "the black" general funding-wise, but we have ZERO money in the bank tagged for Merger Funds.
Who approved the budget for unlimited legal expenses? Who will be held accountable for failing to prepare for a merger that has been on the horizon for many years? Why isn't USAPA forced to curb it's legal appetite and live within it's means? When will they provide a detailed accounting of where the money went and who approved it?

Well, I am nominally optimistic that this joint decision will be a largely positive thing for the Eastholes, Westicles and us Turd listers alike. We won't know for years.

I am healthily pessimistic as I have come to believe that, while you only live once, you live with weak and impotent contract language for 10 years at a go or 25% of your flying career per CBA document.

I have seen enough intentionally vague, weak, and open ended verbiage in this MOU that I don't think it is unlikely that our benevolent management at some point balls up a fist and makes a run at perforating our collective colonic linings.

Some bumper sticker grade wisdom:

Should I trust the goverment?
Ask a Native American!

Should I trust the APA?
Ask a TWA pilot! (Thousands Without Aircraft)

I will simply put on some soft music and hope that any involuntary sexual activity is at least minimally pleasurable and a tiny bit tender.

Latest resources

Back