USAPA Members Ready to move forward....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great post. That about sums it up.

The biggest loud mouths on here are seem to be Ex East pilots who chose not to take the recall and are trying to leap frog fellow classmates out East by hundreds of numbers.

M

Great post. That about sums it up.

The biggest loud mouths on here are seem to be Ex East pilots who chose not to take the recall and are trying to leap frog fellow classmates out East by hundreds of numbers.

M

You assume too much.

Greed? That is a stretch, the East has not gotten nor will get any pay raises for a long time. The East also does not want any part of West flying. The West can name their own protections and limits. The only thing you cant have is the East jobs. It really is that simple. To sum it up the East wants nothing from the West.. The West wants the East Seats. Greedy indeed.

After what your esteemed, integrity filled MEC, tried to do to the ex CEL pilots, you have some nerve saying anything about honor. For those that don't know, the West MEC petitioned the court to have the CEL pilots removed, that's right removed, not just placed at the bottom of the combined list. Among the reasons given include that the CEL only flew DHC-8's and therefore might not posess the ability to fly a larger ML aircraft.

If that is what you think is Honor and Integity you are a shoe in for ALPA national. I suggest if the opportunity ever arises, you go for it.

wow fr8 you should apply for the USAPA position of Minister of Propoganda. You are quite talented in that field. They wanted the CEL pilots removed strictly for negotiating reasons. The one you stated is ridiculous. Expecting the award to be a slotting one the west obviously did not want the east to throw an extra hundred guys or so to the bottom of their list. I know you will claim that they were mainline pilots ect but they simply were not. One question proves that fact. I doubt you will even address this but prior to the merger were the CEL pilots allowed to bid A-320 FO without going through an interview?????

I still maintain this whole debacle is due to greedy east fo's such as yourself! I'm not talking about payraises here. I'm talking about the fact that you are willing to burn the whole thing down in order to weasel your way out of a binding seniority award. There is a no bump no flush provision so nobody can bump you out of your seat. But you want nearly all future vacancies for the east. Nicolau did not feel you were entitled to all of them, neither did the pilot neutrals.

I would argue that after the merger there is no east or west flying. As everybody who has half a brain knows the east wouldn't even still be around. All the resources from AWA were redirected towards the new US Airways. The new internationl destinations would not have happened absent the merger. It is not 'your flying.'

AWA needed this merger. AWA would be history without it. USair would have been just fine without Mesa Grande.

M

You're so right - AWA's costs were way too low prior to the merger - on par with Southwest. Now that "Cool Northern Efficiency" has set in, They're right where they belong, twice as high as Southwest. And now we can set about dismantling a third airline and it's route structure that took decades to build, ala PSA and Piedmont.

(Now's the part where MCDU responds by telling us all about usair and their industry-leading yields that landed them in BK twice and lost them $5 billion in a decade-and-a-half)

wow fr8 you should apply for the USAPA position of Minister of Propoganda. You are quite talented in that field. They wanted the CEL pilots removed strictly for negotiating reasons.

So because they tried to ruin the careers of a couple hundred people for negotiating reasons it's ok then?

The one you stated is ridiculous.
It's right out of the West brief to the arbitraitor

I know you will claim that they were mainline pilots ect but they simply were not. One question proves that fact. I doubt you will even address this but prior to the merger were the CEL pilots allowed to bid A-320 FO without going through an interview?????

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? We could not bid the 320 as there were about 1000 guys that were senior that would have to bid it first. Interview did not nor has not ever entered into it. Do you have to interview to move the 75?

I would argue that after the merger there is no east or west flying. As everybody who has half a brain knows the east wouldn't even still be around. All the resources from AWA were redirected towards the new US Airways. The new internationl destinations would not have happened absent the merger. It is not 'your flying.'

So basically The East is just lucky to have any job and all east pilots should just resign now, while thanking you for allowing us to continue to work as we are being replaced.
Just for the record I am so junior Nic hardly matters, it would only be a couple hundred pilots, and with an airline our size.... But somethings are worth fighting for, only difference is, I am not trying to hurt anyones career.

Last edited:
Greed? That is a stretch, the East has not gotten nor will get any pay raises for a long time. The East also does not want any part of West flying. The West can name their own protections and limits. The only thing you cant have is the East jobs. It really is that simple. To sum it up the East wants nothing from the West.. The West wants the East Seats. Greedy indeed.

After what your esteemed, integrity filled MEC, tried to do to the ex CEL pilots, you have some nerve saying anything about honor. For those that don't know, the West MEC petitioned the court to have the CEL pilots removed, that's right removed, not just placed at the bottom of the combined list. Among reasons given include that the CEL only flew DHC-8's and therefore might not posess the ability to fly a larger ML aircraft.

If that is what you think is Honor and Integity you are a shoe in for ALPA national. I suggest if the opportunity ever arises, you go for it.

Funny you should use a quote that I heard mentioned while flying Dash 8's for one of the wholly-owned carriers when we were trying to negotiate a flow thru agreement with your MEC..... back in 1989 !! Next time why not try getting your facts straight before posting.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Funny you should use a quote that I heard mentioned while flying Dash 8's for one of the wholly-owned carriers when we were trying to negotiate a flow thru agreement with your MEC..... back in 1989 !! Next time why not try getting your facts straight before posting.

PHXFLYR:cool:

I am not making this up, just go look at it. It was quite the eye opener for me, because at the time I was so ticked off at ALPA that I was praying for the West to take over the reigns. Needless to say that little tid bit changed my tune.
All you have to do is go look at it, I know its easier to blast me. I know it would never change your opinion of the current disagreement, but it would might change your opinion about the west MEC.

Latest resources

Back