• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa has to go.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The west has been tearing this union apart. In the end, nobody will look at them fondly. They are what they are. God, 2012 will be great!

Said the MidAtlantic Airways castaway, that is doing everything he can to evade the final and binding seniority arbitration.

Hey Nicky;
How many recent (10 years) mergers have the pilots gone by the "gold standard"? NONE.

The East has empowered the junior pilots to run the "union" as a dictatorship. You will be schooled soon enough. YES, 2012 will be GREAT! See you in CLT soon.

Said the MidAtlantic Airways castaway, that is doing everything he can to evade the final and binding seniority arbitration.

Hey Nicky;
How many recent (10 years) mergers have the pilots gone by the "gold standard"? NONE.

The East has empowered the junior pilots to run the "union" as a dictatorship. You will be schooled soon enough. YES, 2012 will be GREAT! See you in CLT soon.

So as soon as the nic is implemented (in 4 to 5 years) you are coming to get your wide body captains seat? Thought so.

That letter was BRUTAL!

So as soon as the nic is implemented (in 4 to 5 years) you are coming to get your wide body captains seat? Thought so.

I'll bet it's sooner than that, Chuck. A lot depends on what Judge Silver has to say, what the company has to say after that, and how much $$$$ it will take the east pilots to swallow an much improved contract with the Nicolau seniority list. Don't like the contract and $$$......Vote NO. The beauty of the contract vote is that you can always tell your co-worker that you voted NO all the way!

I will never be a wide body Captain, and frankly I am much more in favor of sleeping vs. flying in the dark (I guess you shouldn't do both). By the time this boils out, I should have my choice between reserve CA in PHX or lineholder NB in the other bases (IMHO).

I'll bet it's sooner than that, Chuck. A lot depends on what Judge Silver has to say, what the company has to say after that, and how much $$$$ it will take the east pilots to swallow an much improved contract with the Nicolau seniority list. Don't like the contract and $$$......Vote NO. The beauty of the contract vote is that you can always tell your co-worker that you voted NO all the way!

I will never be a wide body Captain, and frankly I am much more in favor of sleeping vs. flying in the dark (I guess you shouldn't do both). By the time this boils out, I should have my choice between reserve CA in PHX or lineholder NB in the other bases (IMHO).

Hi CB hope you had a nice Christmas! I doubt very much your CEO will offer to much more than the Kirby which is really really bad and I would never vote for it.

Hi CB hope you had a nice Christmas! I doubt very much your CEO will offer to much more than the Kirby which is really really bad and I would never vote for it.

Christmas was GREAT. I too would NOT vote for Kirby. HOWEVER, the court records state that the company figured it would take the KP +11% (as I recall) to pass a JNC (back in the bad old ALPA days). That was in 2007 $$$$$$.

For me? The contract has to be as good or BETTER than the one that I currently work under (NO BACKSLIDING) + AT LEAST the current DAL pay rates AND a 3% cost of living increase every year past the contract expiration.

What do you think? Would that do it? Parker wants this done, and now he is going to have to pay for it. Time will tell.........

Christmas was GREAT. I too would NOT vote for Kirby. HOWEVER, the court records state that the company figured it would take the KP +11% (as I recall) to pass a JNC (back in the bad old ALPA days). That was in 2007 $$$$$$.

For me? The contract has to be as good or BETTER than the one that I currently work under (NO BACKSLIDING) + AT LEAST the current DAL pay rates AND a 3% cost of living increase every year past the contract expiration.

What do you think? Would that do it? Parker wants this done, and now he is going to have to pay for it. Time will tell.........

Really Parker wants this done??? You are joking right?

Really Parker wants this done??? You are joking right?

Why would he then expend time, money & effort on the Declaratory Judgement regarding which list can/must be used and at what cost (DFR)?

If it's indefinite delay that he seeks while we languish away and bicker.....why bother doing anything at all (other than repeating the phrase: "Oh, we're neutral...")??

Parker wants this done. The sooner the better. The cost to LCC for a ratified contract is truly an unknown. Trust me, there are a bunch of west pilots that will continue to vote NO. The KP simply gives the east pilots the "lottery ticket" regarding how much $$$$ pie the pilots get. The westies would get a whopping 3% raise w/ the KP.

I'm a KISS kind of person: Current AWA contract and current DAL wages. Done for me. I'd bet it would pass by 75% EASY. Won't know until there is a bunch of USAPIAN change.

Why would he then expend time, money & effort on the Declaratory Judgement regarding which list can/must be used and at what cost (DFR)?

If it's indefinite delay that he seeks while we languish away and bicker.....why bother doing anything at all (other than repeating the phrase: "Oh, we're neutral...")??

Parker wants this done. The sooner the better. The cost to LCC for a ratified contract is truly an unknown. Trust me, there are a bunch of west pilots that will continue to vote NO. The KP simply gives the east pilots the "lottery ticket" regarding how much $$$$ pie the pilots get. The westies would get a whopping 3% raise w/ the KP.

I'm a KISS kind of person: Current AWA contract and current DAL wages. Done for me. I'd bet it would pass by 75% EASY. Won't know until there is a bunch of USAPIAN change.

Absent this DJ move by the company we might possibly be voting on a new contract (containing DOH) in a few months which would be expensive to the company. Yes yes yes I know that you guys will file a DFR II/injunction but you can only do that if we have a new contract remember "ripeness"? The company does not want to pay us one penny more so this DJ is a great delay tactic. Seniority is a section of a contract and sections can be negotiated and when a section is "closed" it can be re-opened during the negotiation process. After all sections are agreed upon and a contract is ratified by the members then it becomes a contract. One section has never nor will ever be a "contract". That being said you may very well prevail in DFR II but as you know that will happen years after a contract containing DOH.

Latest resources

Back