Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cactusboy53

Usapa Appeal Against The "cactus 18"
This morning, USAPA filed an "appeal" to Judge Rudingers decision to dismiss the racketeering lawsuit against the Cactus 18. The appeal was filed in Richmond, Virginia at the 4th circuit court of appeals. Once again, your "friendly" union continues to represent all USAPA pilots in good faith. The case will be heard in about nine months. We believe that this appeal will fail (as has Sehams previous failures). More information will be posted shortly. In the meantime, once again, we ask for the financial assistance of all Cactus pilots. Please forward your donations to:

"AWA PILOTS LEGAL DEFENSE TRUST"
3626 WEST GLASS LANE
PHOENIX, AZ 85041

We know that our pilots are waiting for some form of ACTION. We believe a LOT will be happening soon!

On behalf of the Cactus 18, again thank you for your support.

Captain Ron Gabaldon

This is a cut and paste from another site. The "union" that "represents over 5200" US Airways pilots continues to wisely spend union dues by suing the West pilots.

West pilots are contributing to this cause, and we have additional fund raisers in planning. If you would like to contribute to this cause, the address is listed above, and THANK YOU for your support (JUST FOR U-TURN: D & H; Neither I or we are begging for money, FYI;) .).

BF surprise here. USC, er usapa will only change the venue if they don't like the outcome.:laugh:
One thing is for certain, the east has continued to show how they truly want to represent all US Airways pilots [/sarcasm]
usapa=:crying: :crying:

I see this final and binding thing is STILL giving them trouble. Just proves what a bunch of D-Bags these guys really are.

I see this final and binding thing is STILL giving them trouble. Just proves what a bunch of D-Bags these guys really are.

I fully support the east guys. The arbitration was a negligent document with very little thought put into it. Should have included some fences for BOTH sides to protect their local flying. East guys gave up a lot to help keep the company going, including the pension plan, only to have the carrot snatched away at the last minute by this ruling.

Unless you own a crystal ball, please don't start with the career expectation BS. That's getting old.

Maybe USAPA should insert their own fences after the fact.

They're going to start termination proceedings on 2800 (non paying) pilots beginning on Aug. 18. Can't wait to see it. This appeal is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of how stupid and delusional these blue hairs are.

Small thing know as "the law" might get in the way of that. I know how the easties like to minimize it's effect but the 800# Gorilla is about to rip their arms off.

I fully support the east guys. The arbitration was a negligent document with very little thought put into it. Should have included some fences for BOTH sides to protect their local flying. East guys gave up a lot to help keep the company going, including the pension plan, only to have the carrot snatched away at the last minute by this ruling.

Unless you own a crystal ball, please don't start with the career expectation BS. That's getting old.

This is not my fight, but the 'east' pilots gave up nothing to keep America West afloat, and frankly career expectations are only BS if you are an 'east' pilot with absolutely no leg to stand on.

As an outsider looking in, this entire situation is utterly deplorable. No one at USAir would have a job right now if it weren't for America West buying them, and what did the AW pilots get in return? A high jacked union and pilots who have spent a significant portion of their careers on furlough trying to run AW pilots out onto the street.

For all you AA people who thought we TWA pilots were unreasonable and 'ungrateful', take a good long look at this absurd situation.

I fully support the east guys.
In what? In using their greater numbers to try to advantage themselves? Is that your version of unionism?
The arbitration was a negligent document with very little thought put into it.
Have you read it? You're free to disagree with Nicolau's conclusions but accusing one of the most experienced integration arbitrators there is as having put little thought is absurd. And if you're going to accuse it of negligence you'd better come up with something legal sounding. Well, we all know you can't because there's nothing negligent about it.
Should have included some fences for BOTH sides to protect their local flying.
Funny, The East negotiators argued for that. I wonder why Nicolau didn't rule that way? Hint: read the Award.
East guys gave up a lot to help keep the company going...
True. What does that have to do with the AWA pilots? You think it's our job to reward the Easties with our own seniority? I already give plenty to charity.
...only to have the carrot snatched away at the last minute by this ruling.
So you'd prefer the "carrot" be snatched from the Westies? At least be honest and admit your personal bias. Unlike you, arbitrator Nicolau had no bias.
Also getting old are people like you who think disagreeing with binding arbitration is somehow justification for what the Easties are doing.
That's exactly what they're trying to do. Have you ever heard of the expression Duty to Fairly Represent (DFR)? Does USAPA have the right to advantage only a specific group of pilots? Hint: no.

This from another defender of the piloting profession. How's the anti-union campaign at jetblue going? Lemme guess, you don't feel that unions have a purpose anymore because you got furloughed from Airways.

Last edited:
AWA losers can have the nic with permanent fences. You keep PHX and LAS. Thats what you had and want you will get.

M

Latest resources

Back