• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA B**** Slapped

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Haha, yet another example of the waste USAPA is. You boys are f-ing pathetic!!!!!

You are correct mam pilots don't ever have to think, the decision is the MEL. There never was and never will be a malfunction that is caused by another malfunction so the MEL says you can defer the first malfunction and you just go fly over the Atlantic at night with no other thinking involved because the MEL, FAA, Chief pilots and the smarter than you passengers say so. When we exausted all...ALL attempts at talking about safety with your heros (management) we resorted to that ad. You keep flying mam when ordered by your heros. You're so lucky that you don't have to think on the job...I have to.

charlie2...maybe you can clear this up for me.
1. Is it true on the A330 that for ETOPS you need 3 sources of electrical power?
2. And in this case, since the APU was deferred, the captain refused the airplane?
3. The 3rd crew accepted the airplane after the APU was fixed, or got another airplane?

US Airways filed an injunction

Response to Injunction Against USAPA- A Message from CEO Doug Parker
Friday, July 29, 2011

Dear Fellow Employees,

Today the Company filed a lawsuit in federal district court in Charlotte seeking an injunction against USAPA, the labor union that represents our pilots. The lawsuit asks the court to stop USAPA’s illegal job action campaign.

This is not a step we take lightly, but we simply can no longer allow the labor union’s illegal and misguided actions to harm US Airways, our employees and our customers. It is important you know that this lawsuit is aimed at USAPA and its leadership, not the thousands of dedicated airmen and women who – despite this political sideshow – operate their flights safely, on time and with the highest level of professionalism.

Today’s filing contains overwhelming evidence of illegal activity by USAPA including a consistent pattern of statements from the labor union’s leadership encouraging its members to slow down the operation and:

- A “safety” campaign that is clearly nothing more than a poorly disguised concerted illegal slowdown campaign
- Anonymous text messages encouraging slow taxis and other delay tactics to arrive at “Block +16” minutes – thereby missing the DOT on-time arrival window and ensuring customer and baggage misconnections
- Encouraging the delayed completion of online training in an effort to force flight cancellations
- Directing write-ups of non flight-critical maintenance items just before departure so that flights are delayed
- Threats to expose, intimidate and retaliate against union members who do not cooperate with the slowdown effort

It is unfortunate USAPA has taken a page from an outdated playbook; namely, using the guise of safety to signal an illegal operational slowdown. We will never compromise safety at US Airways, but we also will not tolerate illegal job actions. We owe that to you – the 32,000 hard-working employees of US Airways – and to our customers, and we take that obligation seriously.

I’ve heard from many of you expressing frustration at what USAPA is doing to harm our airline. I appreciate that concern and am grateful for your continued commitment to our customers. With the initiation of the litigation, we are a step closer to getting back to working together and moving forward as one team to ensure the long-term success of US Airways. Thank you so much for all you do, and please keep up the great work.

Doug

Threats to expose, intimidate and retaliate against union members who do not cooperate with the slowdown effort

It is unfortunate USAPA has taken a page from an outdated playbook; namely, using the guise of safety to signal an illegal operational slowdown. We will never compromise safety at US Airways, but we also will not tolerate illegal job actions. We owe that to you – the 32,000 hard-working employees of US Airways – and to our customers, and we take that obligation seriously.

I’ve heard from many of you expressing frustration at what USAPA is doing to harm our airline. I appreciate that concern and am grateful for your continued commitment to our customers. With the initiation of the litigation, we are a step closer to getting back to working together and moving forward as one team to ensure the long-term success of US Airways. Thank you so much for all you do, and please keep up the great work.

cid:image003.jpg@01CC4DF8.AD4218C0

Doug

charlie2...maybe you can clear this up for me.
1. Is it true on the A330 that for ETOPS you need 3 sources of electrical power?
2. And in this case, since the APU was deferred, the captain refused the airplane?
3. The 3rd crew accepted the airplane after the APU was fixed, or got another airplane?

The captain (and the next captain) made a decision that the plane was not adequate for release. There is no way that I ever expect to get enough factual information (from a forum, message board, company news release or newspaper add) to feel justified in saying they both made a bad call, thus tie goes to the captain(s) that was(were) there and had skin on the line.

You are correct mam pilots don't ever have to think, the decision is the MEL. There never was and never will be a malfunction that is caused by another malfunction so the MEL says you can defer the first malfunction and you just go fly over the Atlantic at night with no other thinking involved because the MEL, FAA, Chief pilots and the smarter than you passengers say so. When we exausted all...ALL attempts at talking about safety with your heros (management) we resorted to that ad. You keep flying mam when ordered by your heros. You're so lucky that you don't have to think on the job...I have to.

WTF????
This isn't about a single A330 flight, or a stupidly expensive usatoday ad... This is about more. Like your "onboard" boys forcing my go around. Or your "onboard" boys causing my missed commute. And your "onboard" boys delaying the single list and integration.

We are tired of it. We are tired of USAPA. ALPA anyone?

WTF????
This isn't about a single A330 flight, or a stupidly expensive usatoday ad... This is about more. Like your "onboard" boys forcing my go around. Or your "onboard" boys causing my missed commute. And your "onboard" boys delaying the single list and integration.

We are tired of it. We are tired of USAPA. ALPA anyone?

Sure. Let's rejoin ALPA before the TWA damages are announced so we can join in that assessment. Wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to give more to the ALPA flush.

Sure. Let's rejoin ALPA before the TWA damages are announced so we can join in that assessment. Wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to give more to the ALPA flush.

I would GLADLY pay for the TWA damages... That's what a union is all about. The group helping the damaged. I hope ALPA is open to the US pilots when they vote to return.

Latest resources

Back