• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAJET anything new

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Saw a -9 takeoff from YIP on Friday morning, I think it was 191, looked like it had a new paint scheme on it, probably a pax bird?

New management, more layoffs, pretty much the same place. :D

I interviewed with USAJet and was offered the job last year. The place isn't for everyone, but for those willing to relocate to the YIP area, it can be quite decent. PilotYIP was a straight shooter on the realities of working there. Sometimes I regret not going there as the upgrade time was quite short, and I was in the process of relocating to MI when I had to decline.

It is no secret what life is like there. The ones who complain the loudest tend to be those who ignored those truths. But if you relocate to the YIP area, you can do quite alright for yourself, if you don't mind being on call. Friend there says he was averaging a callout 1/3 to 1/4 of the reserve assignments he had, which equals a lot of time at home. You might make a bit more coin at the large ACMI carriers flying freighters or pax all over the world, but being gone 17+ days in a row is not for me. USAJ pay is better than the regionals, PilotYIP described the place as a typical 2nd or third job for most guys.

FCN

Last edited:
You could thermonuke that place and increase the value by 10%

I switched to ACMI and thought I would be gone 17 days in a row. Not so at all, here at Atlas. In fact, my shortest trip was 1 day. Other trips are 2 days, 3 days, 4 days.

Most trips are 1 week-2 weeks,unless you are IAH or MIA based, then the average trip can be really short.

I was gone 3 weeks in a row at USA Jet a LOT of times. To be at home more at USAJet, you have to move very close to YIP, to meet the callout times. It was not my favourite place to move to.

I think USAJet is better thought of as a stepping stone. Lots of guys at USA Jet (and places like it) now at Atlas, DAL, Kalitta (747s), etc. and liking the step up. If you need the experience, like I did, USAJet can work well.

cliff
GRB

Latest resources

Back