USAirways West Bidding Procedures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BeCareful! said:
I'll betcha I could get a mainline ALPO guy to refute your "facts" there. You're telling me PDT management had some "antics" and that changed a contract with mainline and all the w/o? I'm not sure how gullible you think the readers of this board are, but some folks here might just surprise you.

On one level, I wish you well in your fight for AAA credibility since it would help people like me, but let's be real for a moment: your fight is really to jump ahead of all the guys on the CEL who used to be senior to you at the w/o's. Am I right?

Otherwise, what are you really fighting for? Are you just trying to justify your new position at PSA? You'll loose that fight on your first trip after IOE.....those FO's are pissed!

First of all, I did NOT go to PSA. I could have, as most of the recent positions filled went junior to me. Considered it, but did not go.

The "fact" is that LOA 91 said "a CEL pilot that went to MDA and was furloughed could go back to their previous WO carrier". That seems pretty black and white to me. Many tried to go back, but they were not allowed. PDT Management said we could not come back. PDT ALPA did nothing to help us come back and was saying there is no provision for you to come back, so sorry. Then the merger was announced, and PDT ALPA did a 180 and said you should be able to come back, we'll do whatever we can to help you, brother. Well, that was too little, too late... The harm is already done.

As far as wanting to jump ahead of other CEL pilots, that's a tough one to answer. For me personally, I'm fairly senior on the list. The list is over 1000 pilots long, and maybe 300 are senior to me. Out of those, more than 200 would probably not come over. PDT is much like AAA, they are very senior and many are close to retirement. The only reason they would come is to fly a "jet". They would never have time to move up and recover the pay loss.

I knew when I came over, that there were senior pilots still at PDT that could come over and take a spot above me. I knew it and accepted it. However, I could not go back when furloughed, so I go on the street. Now when the recalls come, I should stay on the street and they should be able to leave their CA position and come over? That's them wanting their cake and eating it too. The only way I could accept them getting their spot back, is if they make us whole for them not honoring LOA 91.

ALGFLYR said:
As far as wanting to jump ahead of other CEL pilots, that's a tough one to answer.

A tough one to answer? Wow, talk about showing your true colors!

ALGFLYR said:
Now when the recalls come, I should stay on the street and they should be able to leave their CA position and come over?

Well, since you asked: YES! While you were livin' the dream flying a shiney new jet and calling yourself USAir on comm 1, those boys were still flying seven legs MDT-PHL-SBY. LOA 91, yeah, blah blah blah.....they found a way to screw you and they did it. You think you're the first? Welcome to the club.

Like I said, on one level I wish you well, but on an entirely different one, I think you are full of so much crap.

And while we're at it, what do you mean "come over"?

Come over to what? Your airline? Are you still there?

It was my airline long before it was your airline, and I still wouldn't ever say "come over" in the context you used. What a piece of w/o work you are.

BeCareful! said:
A tough one to answer? Wow, talk about showing your true colors!

I was never wishing to jump seniority. I accepted many were senior to me. But like you say below, they found a way to screw us, and they did. So they screwed us and I should still play by the rules? They showed their true colors when they screwed us. If you get screwed over, are you just gonna take it. or will you fight back?

Well, since you asked: YES! While you were livin' the dream flying a shiney new jet and calling yourself USAir on comm 1, those boys were still flying seven legs MDT-PHL-SBY. LOA 91, yeah, blah blah blah.....they found a way to screw you and they did it. You think you're the first? Welcome to the club.

Like I said, on one level I wish you well, but on an entirely different one, I think you are full of so much crap.

Hey, I have no sympathy for their 7 leg days. I lived that for 8 years. Everyone senior to me that chose to stay at PDT, could have "lived the dream of flying a jet for MUCH less money. It was their choice not to go to MDA... BTW, it was no dream, just a way to try and advance in an otherwise stagnant industry.

So I'm full of crap? How is that? Look, I'm not here to fight with you or anyone else. Afterall we are on the same seniority list and and I'm sure we both just want to go back to work for a viable airline. I just wanted to try and give good information to many on here cut out of the slim information loop by ALPA.

BeCareful! said:
And while we're at it, what do you mean "come over"?

Come over to what? Your airline? Are you still there?

It was my airline long before it was your airline, and I still wouldn't ever say "come over" in the context you used. What a piece of w/o work you are.

By come over, I meant choose to exercise their ability to flow up. Did you miss that in the context of my post? You seem very bitter, not sure why you have decided to fight with me on everything. But, OK, you win. It was YOUR airline and I'm just a lowly prop guy that shouldn't be here. Does that make you feel better? You can continue this fight with me if you choose. But that's not why I post here. Like most, I just want to go to work, get paid and spend quality time with the family...

ALG, I'm not "fighting with you on everything," and I'm not sure when I finally snapped on this topic, but your insistence on bickering with the west pilots about who what when where or whether you're on the list only raises suspicions. You are or were a US Airways pilot. I know that. You got there via legitimate means, and I have no problem with your status as a furloughed U pilot. Welcome to my world. However, it may be time for you to STHU about CEL, APL, furlough, flow thru, LOA's, etc. You are a wealth of info mixed with opinion and desires, but trying to change public opinion by blathering yours on flightinfo.com is probably hurting your cause. Why don't you call your former rep and see what's up. After that, maybe you should go for a walk or a hike or a nice bicycle ride, something that doesn't involve a computer keyboard.

Just my opinion.

BeCareful! said:
ALG, I'm not "fighting with you on everything," and I'm not sure when I finally snapped on this topic, but your insistence on bickering with the west pilots about who what when where or whether you're on the list only raises suspicions. You are or were a US Airways pilot. I know that. You got there via legitimate means, and I have no problem with your status as a furloughed U pilot. Welcome to my world. However, it may be time for you to STHU about CEL, APL, furlough, flow thru, LOA's, etc. You are a wealth of info mixed with opinion and desires, but trying to change public opinion by blathering yours on flightinfo.com is probably hurting your cause. Why don't you call your former rep and see what's up. After that, maybe you should go for a walk or a hike or a nice bicycle ride, something that doesn't involve a computer keyboard.

Just my opinion.

OK, well it seemed that way I guess (arguing w/ you). I never came on here to argue with the HP pilots either. When one asked how I got here, I told them. If they disagreed, I tried to explain it in a way they would understand, because this whole thing is a complex mess. So I should STHU? I agree. I don't think anything I say or anyone else on here will solve anything anyway. As far as talking to the Reps, I do. I try to stay current on what is happening. So I will let this go and I think I'll take your advice and go for a bike ride... :) Good luck to us all.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back