• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways West Bidding Procedures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been quiet on the MDA issue thus far but I just have a few thoughts without slamming anybody.

MDA was on the AAA certificate but was a different creature than Metro Jet. One could not be displaced from nor bid off MDA back to, uh, mainline. It was an autonomous division but not mainline in the conventional sense.

Having said that, the former WO guys hired by MDA appear to be on the AAA seniority list for good. No problem. They are junior to the rest of the furloughed AAA guys and their integration vis a vis the AWA guys will be set in arbitration. (The AAA guys did try to pull a fast one by changing the status of some MDA guys from furloughed to active when AWA demanded a "certified" seniority list. That too will be arbitrated.)

Regardless, it was a tragedy what happened to MDA. We'd all be better off if that flying had stayed in house.

TWA Dude said:
(The AAA guys did try to pull a fast one by changing the status of some MDA guys from furloughed to active when AWA demanded a "certified" seniority list. That too will be arbitrated.)

I thought that was only the original AAA guys that accepted the MDA positions. All the Captains at MDA were original furloughed mainline guys. I was not aware that they had tried that with the f/o's that came from the w/o's.

The bad thing about it is that it seems that the MDA f/o's that came from the express division have access to better information than we mainline furloughees have. In my case I do not have access to the ALPA Mec boards anymore, and getting info out of the furlough coordinator is like pulling teeth. The last contact I had from the company or ALPA was the survey on who would come back and who would not...prior to that letter I had not heard anything in a year or so.

KeroseneSnorter said:
I was not aware that they had tried that with the f/o's that came from the w/o's.
Actually, I don't know if the w/o FO's were included. To my knowledge the "certified" AAA list hasn't been made available to us rank-and-file AWA guys. Regardless, the merger committees know about it.

MDA F/O's not from AAA and from W/O's are padding the AAA list and will be eliminated during Medation/Arbitration. They are not real AAA pilots and have never flown an aircraft without "EXPRESS" on the side of it. I think it was a good try to pad the list with dead people and W/O pilots and would do it myself if I was on that side of the company to get a better intergration slot, but they will be sold out to protect the senior wide body flying at the first chance AAA needs to deal a card.

ALGFLYR. A flow through? with 1500 pilots on furlough? You had a flow thorough? You got to flow up ? Un-friggin -believible. You may be one person that could use a HUD. because you are walking around with your head in a fog. And I still see you have not answered any of my questions yet.
icon23.gif

Yes all the MDA fo's that flowed up from Piedmont, allegheny, or PSA are now considered "mainline" furloughees. They are on the AAA seniority list with a US Airways date of hire. All are currently listed as furloughed but nontheless they were lucky to leapfrog all the other wholly owned pilots and get a spot on the mainline seniortiy list. These are probably the only pilots EVER to get hired at a legacy airline without ever having to interview.

Some say they will get dumped off the list after the integration. I doubt it. They flew airplanes on the Us Airways operating certificate for over a year using the Us Airways call sign and were represented by the AAA MEC. Mid Atlantic was basically an airline within an airline. They were not an entirely seperate company.

Green said:
Yes all the MDA fo's that flowed up from Piedmont, allegheny, or PSA are now considered "mainline" furloughees. They are on the AAA seniority list with a US Airways date of hire. All are currently listed as furloughed but nontheless they were lucky to leapfrog all the other wholly owned pilots and get a spot on the mainline seniortiy list. These are probably the only pilots EVER to get hired at a legacy airline without ever having to interview.

All that really matters is that it says "Furloughed" by their name..................

I was under the impression that CEL pilots would have the right to flow back to their respective WO carrier should the need arise. So why haven't they?
Did the pilots at PDT, that decided not to go to MDA, tell em to pound sand?
I ask, because CEL pilots are going to PSA as captians, rather than returning to PDT

Itsallsogood said:
ALGFLYR. A flow through? with 1500 pilots on furlough? You had a flow thorough? You got to flow up ? Un-friggin -believible. You may be one person that could use a HUD. because you are walking around with your head in a fog. And I still see you have not answered any of my questions yet. http://forums.flightinfo.com/images/icons/icon23.gif

Yes there was a flow-thru. There were 1500 pilots on furlough, and they we ALL offered positions on the 170 BEFORE any CEL pilot came over. I wonder if our 190's will have a HUD (like Jetblue), since I evidently need one. What questions? Express on the side of the plane? For US Air, I flew the DHC-8 for 8 yrs and the 170 for 2yrs. Both did say express on them but the 170 was flown on the ML Certificate, by pilots on the ML seniority list (myself included). Was there another question I missed?

fletch said:
I was under the impression that CEL pilots would have the right to flow back to their respective WO carrier should the need arise. So why haven't they?
Did the pilots at PDT, that decided not to go to MDA, tell em to pound sand?
I ask, because CEL pilots are going to PSA as captians, rather than returning to PDT

LOA 91 said a CEL pilot at MDA that gets furloughed can flow back to the WO they came from. 100% of the CEL pilots that went to MDA came from PDT. WE tried to flowback but that was blocked by PDT. All furloughed AAA pilots (MDA furloughees included) have the ability to participate in J4J, which is why some are opting to go to PSA under that program...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back