• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways to buy Republic?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RAH would never let the 170/175's go... Although they are understaffed, it would be foolish for them to sell. Airways needs to focus on paying back their pilots and getting the 190 pay rates in line before worrying about RAH's 170's

Where'd those 170's come from in the first place?

2) This may have been less expensive than settling with the Mid Atlantic pilots who are suing for some rather large sum

unless I'm mistaken US Air is not named in the sueing - just what they said. Its ALPA that is being sued.

Gee, just like the RJDC......Funny how worlds collide.

The SA scope is not limited to 70 seats. It used to be, when Delta had 70 seat scope. SA is now limited by Delta's 76 seat scope, and Uniteds no base compete clause. That would make the seat scope at SA 76, not 70.

Nice rumor but I don't think it will happen. Bedford has big plans for the Republic certificate. Its the only one where 175s and 190s can be placed. Rumors persist of some 175 flying for DL, and if that happens it will be on the Republic certificate. The CQ and SA certificates are limited by scope to 50 and 70 seats.

Now if you said Airways wants the aircraft back, not the certificate, then I could see possiblities there. Not saying I think it would happen, but I wouldn't rule it out. But I don't see Bedford letting the RP certificate go.

Air France is going to buy Republic and park the 170's in the desert to anihilate US competition as part of the new open sky deal. Republic pilots will be given preferential interviews upon completion of the European ATPL and an A320 type rating at their own cost.

You cannot be prouder than being an Air France pilot.

Camembert

Last edited:
Air France is going to buy Republic and park the 170's in the desert to anihilate US competition as part of the new open sky deal. Republic pilots will be given preferential interviews upon completion of the European ATPL and an A320 type rating at their own cost.

You cannot be prouder than being an Air France pilot.

Camembert

thats crazy talk! ribbit!

Stranger things have happened. Republic got a great deal on the DCA gates and airplanes. Bedford bought the 170s during the second chap. 11, right? I'm sure US would love to have those back now.

The whole J4J thing is what I find interesting. Kind of a two for one, huh?

Bullshi# on the J4J thing. A seniority list merger would take longer than the 9 month hold and the J4J pilots would have all come back to mainline long before that. Parker can't find FO's for the 190, how impossible would it be to fill the right seat of the 170's at mainline??????

Also buying an affiliate carrier that was willing to pony up 125 mil just to get a code share is so stupid that parker wouldnt think that up on his worst drinking binge.

RF

Bullshi# on the J4J thing. A seniority list merger would take longer than the 9 month hold and the J4J pilots would have all come back to mainline long before that. Parker can't find FO's for the 190, how impossible would it be to fill the right seat of the 170's at mainline??????

If they hired off the street, it wouldn't be impossible at all.

I'd gladly fly the 170 as furlough fodder at US Airways, even at the current RAH FO payrates, as long as I was on a mainline seniority list with a clearly defined path to larger, better-paying equipment...and I'm sure many other regional pilots (especially those at PSA/PDT) feel the same way.

Doesn't mean I'd want to or be happy flying for those payrates...but as a short-term means to an end and with the ability to improve them in Section 6, I'd take that risk.

Also buying an affiliate carrier that was willing to pony up 125 mil just to get a code share is so stupid that parker wouldnt think that up on his worst drinking binge.

Eastshore Aviation, LLC didn't provide exit financing just to secure flying for Air Wisconsin. You *do* know they turned that 125m into well over 400m in LCC stock in addition to a profitable 10 year contract for AWAC, right?

If you could get a 300%+ return on your money in less than three years, you'd do it too...

If they hired off the street, it wouldn't be impossible at all.
I'd gladly fly the 170 as furlough fodder at US Airways, even at the current RAH FO payrates, as long as I was on a mainline seniority list with a clearly defined path to larger, better-paying equipment....

Which is exactly what USAir intends to do and why this is NO RUMOR!
The airlines have one clear shot to get cheap labor from the pilots ranks now and won't pass it up. Down the road, improved contracts will require more experience, pay and inside connections.

What is most disturbing are the pilots like this one believing they will get "a defined path to larger, better...."
This sounds strikingly similar to the cries of whoa from 20 million illegal aliens presently squatting in our country. And like the criminal aliens, these pilots will drive the pay downward for all legitimate aviation professionals.

Latest resources

Back