USAirways to buy Republic?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Never Trust A Monkey
Heard from a guy with connections to the Republic POI that USair wants the E170s back. Also, because of the J4J deals, it would be cheaper to just buy Republic and label the pilots airways employees, than to retrain them on different equipment and for Republic to hire replacements.

Possible?.....

need a paper bag?

Rumors are great arnt they?

Nice rumor but I don't think it will happen. Bedford has big plans for the Republic certificate. Its the only one where 175s and 190s can be placed. Rumors persist of some 175 flying for DL, and if that happens it will be on the Republic certificate. The CQ and SA certificates are limited by scope to 50 and 70 seats.

Now if you said Airways wants the aircraft back, not the certificate, then I could see possiblities there. Not saying I think it would happen, but I wouldn't rule it out. But I don't see Bedford letting the RP certificate go.

Stranger things have happened. Republic got a great deal on the DCA gates and airplanes. Bedford bought the 170s during the second chap. 11, right? I'm sure US would love to have those back now.

The whole J4J thing is what I find interesting. Kind of a two for one, huh?

Heard from a guy with connections to the Republic POI that USair wants the E170s back. Also, because of the J4J deals, it would be cheaper to just buy Republic and label the pilots airways employees, than to retrain them on different equipment and for Republic to hire replacements.

Possible?.....

There is a reason that majors farm out there small jet flying, becouse it's cheaper. Why is it cheaper? Pilots, f/a's, mechanics, dispatchers, rampers, everyone are paid less, alot less. Look at labor cost alone and you are looking at millions in savings.

Now I don't doubt that Airways wants to get the 170's, but operating them themselves sounds a little far fetched, however anything can happen.

If they wanted 170's back so bad, then why did they farm out the 175? If they wanted 170's back, they should have started by not awarding the 175 to RP.

Actually, I checked my sources and heard that USAir is actually going to try and buy Air Wisconsin. They hate our our contract and what better way to make it cheaper than to buy us then shift our planes to PSA or PDT and bleed us dry/beat us down.

Well, it is what I heard.

I checked my sources and they told me US Air is going to place the 170s at PDT, sell PSA to AWAC, and start a new carrier using Q400's.

You heard it here first........

Actually, I checked my sources and heard that USAir is actually going to try and buy Air Wisconsin. They hate our our contract and what better way to make it cheaper than to buy us then shift our planes to PSA or PDT and bleed us dry/beat us down.

Well, it is what I heard.

That's an even better one than US Airways buying Republic!

Latest resources

Back