USAirways in HNL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KC-10 Driver

Taking off from HNL today, I saw a US Airways A320 (at least I think it was the 320 -- I saw it only for a second) parked on the FBO ramp.

Does anyone know if this was a charter? Or with the merger, and America West's pending service to HNL, was this some sort of proving run for US Airways?

Just curious. It was a bit of a shock to see a US Airways jet in Hawaii.

KC-10 Driver said:
Taking off from HNL today, I saw a US Airways A320 (at least I think it was the 320 -- I saw it only for a second) parked on the FBO ramp.

Does anyone know if this was a charter? Or with the merger, and America West's pending service to HNL, was this some sort of proving run for US Airways?

Just curious. It was a bit of a shock to see a US Airways jet in Hawaii.

The A320 been there for almost 3 weeks now. I doubt US/AWA has anything to do with it. Honolulu is a pit stop to the greater asia region. Thats probably what is doing here.

they are starting service there in december. heard this from thier jumpseat cordinator.

thunderworm said:
they are starting service there in december. heard this from thier jumpseat cordinator.

Yes, "we" are starting, but it is America West aircraft, pilots, and operating certificate that is going there at first.

If it was a USAirways aircraft there, it's quite possible it is one of the planes US has been shedding because of the merger, and is enroute to some buyer in Asia.

And, especially if it was an A320, it could only be a ferry flight because US does not have an ETOPS cert. to get the Airbus to Hawaii for regular or charter service.

HAL

Latest resources

Back