• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think either airline was capable of saving the other. Life expectancy was obviously shorter for Airways without the deal.

I doubt the architects of this merger had any illusions about the long-term viability of "LCC". They surely had enough history to go on to realize what was going to happen when they tried another PSA-type marriage. There was too much money on the table to pass it up; don't worry about nagging details like what happens to the west when you double their costs. They got rich and are long gone. We got stuck holding the bag. If you've been paying attention to what's going on in the world the last year I guess it sounds familiar.

Man, this is bordering on civilized discussion. I'm impressed and will follow suit :)

I agree with all that getting East off the LOA93 Management Gravy Train with its they-say-jump-you-ask-how-high work rules (thanks ALPA) is a very important issue for recalling our furloughed brothers and sisters.

As such, I encourage any and all west guys who have become members to look closely at the positions of the candidates for national office. Doug Mowery is running, and he was the freekin' Chairman of ALPA's negotiating committee during the introduction of LOA 93. He also supports 99 hour pay caps....right now!

I cannot stress enough how dangerous this man is to our careers, how badly he's already damaged mine, and how we must not allow him or any of the previous ALPA Give Away Gang back into power. Let them fly the line and allow people with some fortitude and vision in there to make the best of what we've got going for us.

My money is on Mike Cleary and Randy Mowrey (Mowery and Mowrey....sheeze)
for now, but I'm going to study this further.

Thanks for reading

BC

Man, this is bordering on civilized discussion. I'm impressed and will follow suit :)

I agree with all that getting East off the LOA93 Management Gravy Train with its they-say-jump-you-ask-how-high work rules (thanks ALPA) is a very important issue for recalling our furloughed brothers and sisters.

As such, I encourage any and all west guys who have become members to look closely at the positions of the candidates for national office. Doug Mowery is running, and he was the freekin' Chairman of ALPA's negotiating committee during the introduction of LOA 93. He also supports 99 hour pay caps....right now!

I cannot stress enough how dangerous this man is to our careers, how badly he's already damaged mine, and how we must not allow him or any of the previous ALPA Give Away Gang back into power. Let them fly the line and allow people with some fortitude and vision in there to make the best of what we've got going for us.

Thanks for reading

BC

I will keep it civilized also, thank you for following suit and not flame baiting. That being said, I will assure you that you will not get much support from the west pilots as long as the east is trying to "renegotiate/reorder” an arbitrated list. In fact, I find it interesting that USAPA is telling the empire pilots that they cannot mess with an arbitrated list all the while telling the west pilots that the arbitration decision is like a crew meal and can be reordered and renegotiated at will.

Listen, I am not going to make this another 12 page mudslinging post but I cannot believe that a union is telling one set of pilots one thing while telling another group something totally opposite. I’m furloughed out of seniority order so it’s up to you all to fix this, but I think it’s too late. Way too much bad blood on both sides. But good luck hopefully it works out for those that are left. It’s unfortunate that it has come to this but it has an cooler heads have not stepped up. Maybe some change will come with the elections but I’m not holding my breath.

Later, Thanks again for keeping it civil. (Hopefully Marty MCDOOOOOOSH stays out of this)

Thanks for reading

BC

Alot of guys are still working on there and their, including me sometimes, the Mow ery and rey might take awhile yet. I'm a member in good standing, not that it matters much, but Cleary is not getting my vote.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back