Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Res:

Amateur ideas? See nothing changes.

Its only amateur because ALPA didn't think of it.

Would U have shut the doors over the pension issue? No. The managers like to scare the pilots and the union into flinching. The managers have way too much to lose by closing the doors. Further, with a national seniority list, closing the door at a company would allow the other carriers who absorb the failure to absorb the pilots from the stricken carrier. Would a NWA Captain rather move down 100 numbers on the Airbus in DTW and keep his pension or the alternative?

These ideas need to be explored and implemented if warranted. It will never happen with the pansies that run ALPA.

A350

Guys like you don't like losing, so what do you do? You lash out at the nearest punching bag- ALPA. It's ALPA's fault we lost age 60. It's ALPA's fault we lost our pensions. It's ALPA's fault when/if we lose ________. You're a black and white guy in a shades of grey world. I don't think any amount of debate will get through to you. Good luck.

Another reason why guys will beat up ALPA..... cause they are the only ones that will listen!!!

Will the company listen to a pilots complaints? Will the gov't? Heck your wife is probably tired of hearing you bt1tch and moan about how the world isn't right....

I was talking to an ALPA rep and he didn't really want to go back the office... cause he had over 400 emails on this AWA/AAA merger... which is fine on the surface....but....

There is only one constructive email for every 100. The emails are what you see here on this message board... emotional tirades that offer nothing positive.

Here is the kicker.... if he doesn't reply to the emails then he is a jerk for not doing so... So he has got to sit there and absorb all this negativity... thank god he isn't a FFDO.....

Now... do you want the ALPA reps that are working the issues to spend hours replying to whinney pilots or do you want him working the issue....

Guys...time to grow a pair and work to effect positive change for your career.....

A350-

Look... all of the discussions I've had with national list and pay always die. Until someone comes up with a workable solution it is simply fodder.

Ok...... let's debate....

Amateur ideas? See nothing changes.

Its only amateur because ALPA didn't think of it.

If it is such a great idea then why isn't it so?

Would U have shut the doors over the pension issue? No. The managers like to scare the pilots and the union into flinching. The managers have way too much to lose by closing the doors. Further, with a national seniority list, closing the door at a company would allow the other carriers who absorb the failure to absorb the pilots from the stricken carrier.

A350..stop right there. HOW is ALPA going to get another company to absorb the pilots? HOW!!

Would a NWA Captain rather move down 100 numbers on the Airbus in DTW and keep his pension or the alternative?

Of course... and I would love to be B747 CA right now... but it isn't happening and I am not blaming anyone..

These ideas need to be explored and implemented if warranted. It will never happen with the pansies that run ALPA.

I agree. Who is gonna do it? You?

You could. Politik your LEC leadership to create a National Sen. List Exploratory Committee. You can chair it. If you arrive at a workable solution I will support you 100%. In fact I support you 100% in forming the committee.

So let's consider this an impromtu action meeting...

Action items:

1. Respond immediately with "how we will get another company to absorb pilots"

2. Politik LEC reps to form committee. Bring a resolution to the next LEC meeting.

Look man, I know I am comming across abrasive and that is my fault cause I don't know how to communicate this more effectively.

You can't sit around and believe that if ALPA would only create a National Sen list things would be better. Unions doesn't work that way... You have to be politically savvy but grassroots efforts like this is how it gets done...

Res:

Yeah, I'll jump all over that.

You know why these ideas won't work? Because the masses of unwashed (myself included) won't sign off on them because at some point, I would have to put my career on the back burner to someone who has strengthened the profession and put his/her career on the line and lost. It would then be up to me to pony up my seniority and QOL so someone who has taken one for the team......I know it is a failure from the beginning because the pilots of today aren't built that way.

These things have to be done together and to get the ball rolling, we need the leadership to come up with the plan. Leaders lead and members follow.

A350

These things have to be done together and to get the ball rolling, we need the leadership to come up with the plan. Leaders lead and members follow.

A350

Agreed... the leaders are politicians... the followers are pilots. When the followership starts thinking like politicians we will start to be more effective.

It is clear... the pilots expectations are not being met....

But lets not assume that those expectations are valid. Only after you objectively analyze your expectations can we proceed....

Since the pilots expectations are not being met.. and pilots want a change... and we've just changed the leadership....and it isn't going that well... and we've been doing it this way since 1931, what else is there to change?

Do pilots believe that they got hired, completed training and fly the line that prosperous careers are expected if not guranteed? If not, then do they expect someone else to ensure that it is?

IOW the pilots keep complaining but nothing is changing....and the complainers keep insisting the same methodologies be used:

New leaders
SOS
Nat'l Sen List
Nat'l Pay Scales

But nothing is working!! There is no change! At what point do we realize this isn't working!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back