Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways (East) pilots prepare for all out war...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Be carefull how you treat the east pilots, because as soon as the new list is in place, their voting power will eat you alive.

Maybe so,

I hear that the PIT,PHL guys sort of hold the rest hostage. Put PHX in the mix and the balance could turn.

Could be Crow on the BBQ

food for thought!!!

What is wrong with fencing off, or operating seperatly, both operations. Seems to me that preserves both sides future expectations of what they had before the merger. .

why would we voluntarily limit our careers? Obviously AWA has been pouring all its' resources into the east side. Our hiring stopped and all recalls/new equipment has gone east. Now you expect us to just give all that away...lol...? Binding arbitration is binding.

US was about to be liquidated and all of the majors were just salivating over the gates. The top 500 guys should be VERY greatful for where they are...they have jobs. This crap of saying that you deserve to be above the HP pilots is a LOAD! Without the AWA purchase, you ALL would have been on the street! Now stop your b!tching and get a good contract....TOGETHER!

Truly this is the voice of reason. Here is what I believe to be a commuter guy summing it crystal clear like.

Makes me think of that show.............are you smarter than a 5th Grader!!!

Two financially sh**ty companies, one in bankruptcy the other soon to follow. Yes I know that the "west" side will disagree with that as strongly as the "east" side will say they wouldn't have liquidated. It doesn't really matter they were both financially and market challenged airlines that needed each other to exist. Unfortunately all the dynamics involved with a merger, labor being one of the biggest obstacles, will eventually lead to the pre-merger inevitability. Both airlines disappearing for the betterment of industry.

Read the actual award and you will see that the Neutral Arbitrator saw that they (AAA) were facing IMMINENT DEMISE and AWA was not.

It's not Rocket Science..............they had no Career Expectations!!!

why would we voluntarily limit our careers? Obviously AWA has been pouring all its' resources into the east side. Our hiring stopped and all recalls/new equipment has gone east. Now you expect us to just give all that away...lol...? Binding arbitration is binding.

Well with the little bit of new equipment that has come to the east side, I believe the givebacks have come from the east side too. 3 new ETOPS 757, 3 others returned to Lessors. Couple of 190's (with ********************ty pay) and now there's what 7 737's going back. I believe there's more 757 slated to go away too....so ya, new airplanes have come, but old ones have left. The fences, well put them up, and any growth is fair game, but fence off positions from a certain date, and go from there. How would that be limiting your career??? You'd get all the growth out of PHX/LAS. Essentially what you expected. And you'd then share the growth on the east side, which you wouldn't have expected as a stand alone (new destinations to europe planned each year) And if they used the merged seniority list to manage who gets what position on the growth, don't know how that would be limiting your career???

...The fences, well put them up, and any growth is fair game, but fence off positions from a certain date, and go from there. How would that be limiting your career??? You'd get all the growth out of PHX/LAS. Essentially what you expected. And you'd then share the growth on the east side, which you wouldn't have expected as a stand alone (new destinations to europe planned each year) And if they used the merged seniority list to manage who gets what position on the growth, don't know how that would be limiting your career???

Already this merger has meant 2 years of stagnation out west (no pilots hired, only one upgrade class, and multiple airframes lost). Fences sound reasonable at first blush, but because Tempe has decided to expand the east operation (which may continue), we're losing career expectations of growth and movement right now. Forgive me if I don't get too excited about signing up for a career of stagnation.

Just remember, without the East guys onboard with the integration and merger goals of the new combined company, the new company WILL fail. A large group of disgruntled pilots are likely to cause slow downs or find ways to incur huge, crippling costs on the airline. So go ahead and taunt the East guys like a bunch of children, Westies, but realize that you are only increasing the likelihood that you all will be out looking for jobs.

The arbitration may be binding, but no one is required to show up work...

So go ahead and taunt the East guys like a bunch of children, Westies, but realize that you are only increasing the likelihood that you all will be out looking for jobs.

It's a lot easier for the younger West pilots to start over if needed.

Who the hell is gonna hire a bunch of stuipid crusty old fokkers that just burned down their own house because they didn't get their way ????

Can you say "Welcome to Walmart" - Beyotch !!!

Already this merger has meant 2 years of stagnation out west (no pilots hired, only one upgrade class, and multiple airframes lost). Fences sound reasonable at first blush, but because Tempe has decided to expand the east operation (which may continue), we're losing career expectations of growth and movement right now. Forgive me if I don't get too excited about signing up for a career of stagnation.

As a United furloughee at least you can return to UAL and avoid this situation - right?

I can't imagine that recall numbers will be that great after this debacle. Who would want to return to this mess?????????????? I agree that upgrades and movement will be fairly slow - not an attractive option when you think about it. But at least Delta is hiring 40-50 per month!!!!!

Already this merger has meant 2 years of stagnation out west (no pilots hired, only one upgrade class, and multiple airframes lost).

Same on the East for the most part.

I think you are forgetting a $9B take over attempt recently. Do you think 22 (or so) Arbi deliveries would have leveraged AWA into an economic powerhouse able to do that deal as a stand alone carrier?

The 2 are obviously more than the financial sum of their parts and THAT is what will provide a career in an industry poised to consolidate.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back