Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways (East) pilots prepare for all out war...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
how about we ,the west pilots, just sign a contract and provide the company with some financial stability, then just throw out the transition agreement and take the usair planes over to our (west) side and hire off the street. Then we can say goodbye to all you east idiots! Yeah that sounds good!

Probably if the east retirements were protected for the east pilots, that would probably be enough.

Be carefull how you treat the east pilots, because as soon as the new list is in place, their voting power will eat you alive.

This happened, when we had a North and South division. Pittsburgh got whatever they wanted.

Again, I would hate to be the first west pilot to bid an east crewbase. This is going to get ugly.

If everyone stays on their side of the Mississippi, things may work out.

How about we go back in time, allow the original USAirways to liquidate as it was about to do, have AWA buy most of the assets minus the super crappy 737s (given that the legacies were all in the $hitter anyway and did not have the ability to just buy anything) and then just call it a day....

Maybe the USAirways East guys should be a little more grateful - especially the top 500...

What type of integration would have been fair and kept the East pilots happy. How can you fairly integrate a group of pilots that has 18 year furloughees and a group of pilots that has 5 year (or thereabouts) captains. (However, I think there should have been significant fences for all widebodys).

Not to mention the fact that U.S. Airways was about to liquidate and no one thought they would survive. Other airlines were already shopping for which airplanes and gates they wanted.

Nothing is going to happen. The East MEC will try this obsurd separation BS and fail miserably. It will just give the East folks a false sense of hope. When it goes down in flames they'll me more pissed off than they are now.

When it comes to voting in a new contract it will pass...assuming its a decent one. The top 524 East people aren't going to vote no. Most of the East CA's will not vote no and the senior East FO's will not vote no. Most of the AWA pilots will not vote no. Who's left? Just a couple hundred junior East FO's.

We have nothing to worry about.

Nothing is going to happen. The East MEC will try this obsurd separation BS and fail miserably. It will just give the East folks a false sense of hope. When it goes down in flames they'll me more pissed off than they are now.

When it comes to voting in a new contract it will pass...assuming its a decent one. The top 524 East people aren't going to vote no. Most of the East CA's will not vote no and the senior East FO's will not vote no. Most of the AWA pilots will not vote no. Who's left? Just a couple hundred junior East FO's.

We have nothing to worry about.[/quote]

When people say this you know you should be concerned... I'm sure the East people will appreciate your viewpoint.

Be carefull how you treat the east pilots, because as soon as the new list is in place, their voting power will eat you alive.

We didn't decide on the list. The arbirtator, whom your MEC agreed to, decided it. Your MEC and our MEC agreed to binding arbitration. That doesn't mean arbitration that fits your likings...it means you accept the outcome. Now act like freakin' professionals and accept it.

This "we'll take it out on the AWA pilots" attidude isn't going to go over well. You should be careful how you treat us because your "voting power" will be gone in 10 years. Then we'll be the majority. At that point you better hope we're not pissed off at you.

Nothing would have made them happy beyond turning the clock back to 2000.

Right now, there's a desperate attempt out East to preserve "their attrition" for their own. They are grasping at the false hope of a "fix" that could make the arbitrator's ruling more paletable.

Thing is, though, before the merger their attrition meant squat - I know there will undoubtedly be a vocal group that disagrees with that premise, but there is little proof that expectations were anywhere but in the toilet before the deal was announced. A neutral arbitrator agreed. The vocals back East are trying to preserve an asset that was born from the merger. What you "owned" prior to the merger was a dying airline at best. All of the positives - recalls, attrition potential, general stability, financial cushions and growth potential - those are all a result of the merger and we all own that together whether you like it or not.

Talks of permanant base fences, refusal to sign a joint contract, etc are an arrogant and pathetic attempt once again to box the West pilots from anything good that may come from this debacle of a merger. This was attempted unsuccessfully by your merger committee and will fail again.

The scary feeling I have is that, maybe US Airways' destiny was to fail. It seems there are a group back East willing to see that through before they 'cede' to the West - in that case, Doug Parker has tied many thousands of livelihoods to an anchor that was destined to sink out of existance.

The louder this fight gets, the more uncertain our future becomes. If we cannot or refuse not to unite to fight for a contract that we all deserve and have earned, we will all suffer together. To think that the East alone can prosper via the tactics described in the first post of this thread is beyond foolish.

Probably if the east retirements were protected for the east pilots, that would probably be enough.

This happened, when we had a North and South division. Pittsburgh got whatever they wanted.

Again, I would hate to be the first west pilot to bid an east crewbase. This is going to get ugly.

If everyone stays on their side of the Mississippi, things may work out.

who cares about your (east side) voting power?? We all want the same things, more money and more days off. The majority of our reps are marginal at best, go ahead and replace them!!! Our phx fo rep is continually flying 100 hours per month in the middle of a Do Your Own Job Campaign. The best thing we have going for us is a stellar merger committee and if we were smart we would hire the AWA MC to run the JNC talks.

As for "again, I would hate to be the first west pilot to bid an east crewbase..." That's just lame. I definitely understand the bitterness and anger but it's sad to see such a mature pilot group act like thughs on these message boards. It goes from burn the place down, to replace alpa and try to change the rules after the game, to we're going to beat you up/sh$t in your flightbag. Whatever guys.....I tend to think the crazy posters are not working line piltos, but who knows.

I say lets fight for a decent contract with fo wages equal to current captain wages and nobody loses. Operating under LOA 93 forever just to spite AWA pilots does not help your cause. It just costs you a lot in lost earnings and time away from family.

We have nothing to worry about.[/quote]

When people say this you know you should be concerned... I'm sure the East people will appreciate your viewpoint.

I love the companies proposed pay rates. It's obvious I'm going to get to subsidize all the east senior pilots. You can bet the bean counters looked at all the max year FOs on the east when they prepared this joke of a proposal. It's amazing they think they're the ones getting screwed.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back