Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways base closings and company buying the employees house...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stb

I think I know the answer but back in 2000, USAirways had something in the pilots contract that if a base is closed, after 6 months or so on the market, the company will buy the house at fair market.

Granted fair market in way down but atleast the home would be sold.

I think there was a clause about "focus city" since that was the reason PIT was never fully closed.

Did this go away with the butchering of the bankrupcy contracts?
Is there still some type of clause about this in any form?

Ex-furloughed USAirways, didn't take the recall, just curious.

I don't know the answer but I wonder if the airline holds the record for most base closings in industry history?

SAN LAX SFO LAS BOS LGA PIT SYR MIA INT GSO BWI IAD

I'm sure I forgot a few

I don't know the answer but I wonder if the airline holds the record for most base closings in industry history?

I'm sure I forgot a few

Yep. A real winner of an airline. I love how the East guys keep saying the America West pilots won a "lottery ticket" when the diseased anchor called US Airways was locked around their necks.

Sure feel lucky...

I'm sure I forgot a few

FWIW: ORF and ILM also. ILM may have closed befor US Air came to play.

What's really ironic is the sticker on the sides of the plane displaying all the good airlines it acquired, ruined and assimilated!

Classic!

I think I know the answer but back in 2000, USAirways had something in the pilots contract that if a base is closed, after 6 months or so on the market, the company will buy the house at fair market.

Be careful, they're likely to burn your furniture if you don't take it all when you move.

Not even close to Colgan...

ROC LEB AUG PIT CMH CHO MHT ITH LGA HYA ORF BWI JST AOO BKW SHD JHW SCE ABE BGM HPN BOS

All closed within the past three years as well.

What's really ironic is the sticker on the sides of the plane displaying all the good airlines it acquired, ruined and assimilated!

Classic!

very true!:puke:

Latest resources

Back