• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways / America West call from Pilot Recruitment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I talked with a buddy who had a conversation with one of the CLT ALPA reps. This rep told him that according to a manning forecast that AAA ALPA is using, most of the guys taking recalls now can plan on a displacement in about 6 months.

True or not, there are too many variables surrounding a recall to there now. I've already played the "Congratulations, You've Been Hired to Cover our Training Float" game once. It won't happen again.

If you're in a pool or at a regional waiting for AAA to hire from the street, go have a beer with a AAA guy for a dose of truth. That place is a cess pool. Good luck recallee's!

I just got a message from Derick as well. I have not replied yet. It has been a couple years since I interviewed there, and I've moved on to better things. I was just curious what they are looking for. pay? 190? no wonder they are digging up this so called pilot pool stuff. I thought we were long forgotten. I'm thankful something else worked out. I have a good friend at AWA/USAirways and I wish all of you the best.

I also interviewed in Feb. 05' and was placed in the pool. The call came to me from Derrick in HR as well yesterday. Unfortunately, I answered the phone and was able to hear what he had to say. They are offering the E-190 on the east coast. The pay was $41,000/yr based on an 85 hour guarantee per month. There is a 1 year committment to which after, you have the ability to bid back to the west or wherever you wish. I explained to him my desire to pass, but to hopefully keep my name in the pool for an opportunity to fly where I originally applied for. The America West side. The answer I got to that was once you pass on this opportunity you give up your position in the pool and will have to re-apply like everyone else. Good luck to all in the pool, and hopefully things work out for you.

Curious exactly what he said as far as "offering" positions and in what timeframe? AFAIK they have yet to go down the list for the E190 slots to the furloughed guys, so I'm not understanding how they're officially espousing an off the street need just yet.

My point exactly. I want no part of any animosity created over this process between the east and the west since a contract has yet to be written. The HR person did not specify when this position would become available.

I talked to him also- they are just trying to get a feel for who may be interested in a job- he did not have a time frame.

Latest resources

Back