• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways / America West call from Pilot Recruitment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EVERY pilot on the APL, ALL 1700, were offered a MDA position, with maybe the exception of those wanting to go but were held at a J4J carrier. When the first class of CEL pilots went to MDA, they knew they were going to be on the AAA seniority list as an AAA pilot. Period. In order for the first CEL pilots to bid over, that meant EVERY APL pilot was offered a position and accepted or passed (again with maybe the exception of those held at a J4J carrier).

As far as adjusted LOS, if someone junior to you was given LOS credit for MDA, and you did not go, you were brought up to there LOS to preserve relative position on the seniority list.

When the pilots on the APL were offered a position at MDA it was stated that MDA would operate on its 'own certificate' (originally planned as the old Potomac certif.) and would operate separate from US Air mainline. That is how it was 'sold' to the APL pilots; turned out they could not use the old Potomac certificate, and the decision was made to put the E-170s on the US Air certificate. Had the APL pilots been told, right from the start that it was actually a 'recall to mainline' and they would accure mainline longevity, I believe many would have decided differently. You think???

How many APL pilots out there were told that if they went to MDA that they would be operating on US Airways 'mainline.' Let hear it??

Plain and simple, the company and ALPA screwed that up royally!!!

No. LOS and longevity are two different things. You will NEVER be junior to a CEL pilot. LOS is a term being used for integrating the combined list. Even if a CEL has more LOS, you will be senior to him and have more longevity, unless they get recalled and you pass and they build up more longevity credit than you before you come back. And even if that happens, you will still be senior to them.

So how long did you fly for MDA?? (years of service)

And, if you are recalled to US Airways, at what longevity rate (years of service) would your pay be?? Would you be on 'first year pay'??

Just wondering, since you seem to have to total understand of things??

Something many of us would like to hear and see concrete proof of. These guys on the bottom, if the 190 gets down to them, do they start at 1st year pay, or does the MDA longevity start too. Many of us were frozen and not ALLOWED to goto MDA, missing on the stock distribution etc.... and it's still to be seen if MDA time will be used for Mainline Longevity for pay....

Isn't that part of what your lawsuit against ALPA and the company is?

Last edited:
How many APL pilots out there were told that if they went to MDA that they would be operating on US Airways 'mainline.' Let hear it??

I can only guess, but I would bet not that many. The reason is, look how many are choosing not to go back now, the pay and work rules at the division were much worse than Airways.

Yes ALPA and the company definetely screwed the pooch on this one

Something many of us would like to hear and see concrete proof of. These guys on the bottom, if the 190 gets down to them, do they start at 1st year pay, or does the MDA longevity start too. Many of us were frozen and not ALLOWED to goto MDA, missing on the stock distribution etc.... and it's still to be seen if MDA time will be used for Mainline Longevity for pay....

Isn't that part of what your lawsuit against ALPA and the company is?

It will be 1st. year pay for the very reasons you stated

Had the APL pilots been told, right from the start that it was actually a 'recall to mainline' and they would accure mainline longevity, I believe many would have decided differently. You think???

They were not told they would accrue longevity, because they did NOT.

ALPA screwed up? I can't believe that...:rolleyes:

So how long did you fly for MDA?? (years of service)

And, if you are recalled to US Airways, at what longevity rate (years of service) would your pay be?? Would you be on 'first year pay'??

Just wondering, since you seem to have to total understand of things??

My years of service with MDA? 2

When recalled I will be on 1st year pay. No longevity credit for MDA...

Interesting. I think they're really worried that they'll need to hire from outside for the 190 very soon.

Worried? Why? If I were mngmnt I would be excited to hire as many people off the street as I could. I would get a new batch of wide eyed suckers willing to fly for crap wages.

I'm confused,

I was laid off and got a better paying job than MDA, so my longevity is about 2 1/2 years. Some CEL guys may have more LOS than me. Are they expecting to be recalled senior to me, or at a higher payscale. Did I get the shaft because I found a better job?

Confusing.

No you (we) got the shaft because ALPA, and especially USAir ALPA, eats its own.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back