Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ifly2slo

.70 Mmo
I interviewed at America West in Feb 2005 and have been in the hiring pool with a few others ever since. I got a call from Derek in Pilot Recruitment today - I missed the call and called back too late this evening. Has anyone else gotten this call? I just want to know what to expect when I do talk to him. My guess - everyone has passed on the E190 F/O and now they are getting to the poolies. Any other guesses? Are all the 190s going to the east side? What are the bases? Fly the 190 according to the AWA or AAA cba? Retirement and benefits package AAA or AWA? Any insight would be appreciated. I'll let you all know what I find out when I talk to them.

Couple more quick questions ... What do people think about going to US Airways as a 190 F/O? What is going on with the seniority integration? Would the integration make this a really bad time to accept the 190 FO position?

Sure. After all there's only about 1100 people still on furlough who bypassed the E190, but i'm sure it's a pretty good deal. You should take it!

If you were originally interested in America West and flying out West, don't expect to get anywhere close to the West Coast in the E190 which will spend most of its time traversing the East Coast from FILTHADELPHIA. You will get to know Hartford, Dallas (about as far West as you will get) and Houston very well. The E190 will be operated like a regional jet (very similar to how it is used at JetBlue).

I interviewed at America West in Feb 2005 and have been in the hiring pool with a few others ever since. I got a call from Derek in Pilot Recruitment today - I missed the call and called back too late this evening. Has anyone else gotten this call? I just want to know what to expect when I do talk to him. My guess - everyone has passed on the E190 F/O and now they are getting to the poolies. Any other guesses? Are all the 190s going to the east side? What are the bases? Fly the 190 according to the AWA or AAA cba? Retirement and benefits package AAA or AWA? Any insight would be appreciated. I'll let you all know what I find out when I talk to them.

Couple more quick questions ... What do people think about going to US Airways as a 190 F/O? What is going on with the seniority integration? Would the integration make this a really bad time to accept the 190 FO position?

We are being told that the company has sent E-190 recall letters to everyone on the APL list. Once they reach the end of the APL for E-190 FO's, they will offer positions to the 39 poolies in the AWA pool. After that, they will hire off the street.

As of now, PHL is the only base. All E-190's will be operated on the East Certificate under the East CBA. E-190 starting pay is 41.22 per hour, which is actually better than most major's first year pay (except Delta and Fedex). You will be seat locked on the 190 for 12 months, you can then bid to other equipment with better pay and off the first year pay scale...

No matter how the integration goes, any new hires off the street (including the poolies) will be on the bottom of the new integrated list.

You will be seat locked on the 190 for 12 months, you can then bid to other equipment with better pay and off the first year pay scale...

I wouldn't plan on getting any other seat or base for quite some time after the firtst 12 months. BTW, do you work for Swift?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back