• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UsAirways/AA pay parity?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Time served, you get what you earn! We are one airline now, there is no east west or AA. If a US Air Fo did say that it wasn't from an east pilot

Wow did you just say that?!! Does that mean there is no East or West Us Airways?

JumpersAway, I like where your head's at. Carry on!

Well there are plenty of FO's at AAA with 25+ on property, so his statement is not out of the realm of possibility.

But most are junior to West guys on the NIC award. Means nothing. Read the award again, NIC stated USAir's precarious financial position prior AWA acquiring them. You need to read NIC's actual award and his explanation.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General- you have no clue about what you speak when referencing the "new hire" experience at USAirways/American. The only thing you see is what you WANT to see. How about letting new hires pass on their experience without the Delta cool aid spin?

Bring up the Bird- "guilt through association"????? That is rich! New guy walks through the door and is on probation, and yet you expect- demand- that they stand up and take your side???? I'm not even allowed into a union meeting on probation. I also find it disgusting that you intend to force your toxicity on those that share the cockpit with you and you see this as acceptable. This viewpoint alone tells me more about your lack of professionalism and character than any "East" pilot could hope to portray. Very well done- you're smearing yourself. As for "cold" flight decks- that's awesome by me. From what I'm seeing from you, the quieter you are the better. This is a job, and not a social function. Frankly, I don't care what you do over there in your seat since the paycheck doesn't have your signature on it. Besides, I've found the best defense against a cockpit clown is good knowledge of the FOM and OM. Something tells me you'd be hating life more than I would be on a four day trip.

Now, with that being said, I intend to stay neutral. As a third list pilot, I only get irritated when I'm forcibly dragged into the mess I had nothing to do with in the first place.

To any prospective new hires- the type of rubbish above is absolutely the rarity. The huge majority of people here are fantastic, East-West-American. The only action I regret is not attempting to make the move sooner.

Yes, close your ears and try to avoid hearing about how your future Captains (mostly Westies after this krap is over) were actually treated poorly by your current Captains... But, you only care about yourself. You see, that is why potential newbies there have to know what they may be getting into. Huge turbulence ahead. But, it's great you can just tune it out like it's not happening around you. One of the WORST examples of suppression of a fellow employee group in this profession EVER, and you can whistle at work while it happens. Well done arse hole! It's not happening according to you, heck, it never happened! Disregarding binding arbitration and then containment of a group in one base for 7 years with lower pay through the majority isn't happening now either...... Nope...

Hopefully newhires can bid DFW or MIA ASAP and avoid the East bases. Probably a better atmosphere.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee, we didn't ignore binding arbitration. We just chose not to implement it. Now with American the other arbitration cannot be used because it was just a blueprint between east and west. It served it's purpose but there is no longer a purpose for it. Unless your a westicle of course

General Lee, we didn't ignore binding arbitration. We just chose not to implement it. Now with American the other arbitration cannot be used because it was just a blueprint between east and west. It served it's purpose but there is no longer a purpose for it. Unless your a westicle of course

Your CLT base chairman disagrees. He thinks, correctly, that the first panel of arbitrators, who all know or know of their peer Nicolau, and the second panel most likely, will side with their profession and their own awards. Your side used the majority to NOT come up with a joint contract, to NOT use a binding award you disagreed with. Sorry, that's the truth. You keep trying to get around the fact that you all signed up for a SLI with Nicolau as the judge, the joint contract was a sideshow after you disagreed with the award.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yes, close your ears and try to avoid hearing about how your future Captains (mostly Westies after this krap is over) were actually treated poorly by your current Captains... But, you only care about yourself. You see, that is why potential newbies there have to know what they may be getting into. Huge turbulence ahead. But, it's great you can just tune it out like it's not happening around you. One of the WORST examples of suppression of a fellow employee group in this profession EVER, and you can whistle at work while it happens. Well done arse hole! It's not happening according to you, heck, it never happened! Disregarding binding arbitration and then containment of a group in one base for 7 years with lower pay through the majority isn't happening now either...... Nope...

Hopefully newhires can bid DFW or MIA ASAP and avoid the East bases. Probably a better atmosphere.

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL,

All agree one must decide with eyes wide open. However, you need to be nudged back to the point at hand.

Go back and reread "jumpers" post. Then reread "bringupthebird" post in response. The response was spot on in every point made.

If a pilot can't compartmentalize and provide safe service for any reason whatsoever, then that pilot is NOT FIT FOR DUTY! No pilot should threaten at any time or in the future they will be hostile towards their copilot. Nor should another pilot condone this behavior. This is in direct violation of FAA regs and airline SOPs. Any accident or incident that might occur with a contributing factor of cockpit hostility will be discovered and the pilot(s) fired and rightfully so. That is not safe.

This will likely occur at AA after mixed crews of a very minute percentage, just as all airlines have, and they will lose their jobs.

95% of all guys/gals are top-notch at AA.

So what's the word on pay parity with Delta & UA for the New American and how long can one expect to sit reserve?

Pay parity in 2015 or 2016 due to details of a negotiated deal.

Plan on 6 months short call and 6 months long call on the narrow body. 3-5 months to a line on the 190.

Last edited:
GL,

All agree one must decide with eyes wide open. However, you need to be nudged back to the point at hand.

Go back and reread "jumpers" post. Then reread "bringupthebird" post in response. The response was spot on in every point made.

If a pilot can't compartmentalize and provide safe service for any reason whatsoever, then that pilot is NOT FIT FOR DUTY! No pilot should threaten at any time or in the future they will be hostile towards their copilot. Nor should another pilot condone this behavior. This is in direct violation of FAA regs and airline SOPs. Any accident or incident that might occur with a contributing factor of cockpit hostility will be discovered and the pilot(s) fired and rightfully so. That is not safe.

This will likely occur at AA after mixed crews of a very minute percentage, just as all airlines have, and they will lose their jobs.

95% of all guys/gals are top-notch at AA.

I'm not saying that most pilots at the combined AA won't be good guys/gals. I'm saying there are many though that are delusional, and apparently some third listers that just blind to the actual maltreatment of a large, senior to them portion of their own side of the current company. The AA side isn't guilt free of some past discretions (most past mergers weren't perfect), but I do like and agree with how the APA is at least allowing the AWA guys a shot at correcting injustice with their own 3 panel arbitration to argue their obvious case.

Eventually the big AA merger will turn into a good one overall, after most Easties retire and the third listers recognize their true placement in the scheme of things, behind the AWA pilots that were hired well in front of them, even after they accepted the NIC award.

But there will be years of strife until those Easties retire. No doubt. The APA probably knows that too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back