USAir's pay negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
P38JLightning said:
Why do pilots continue to subsidize the propped up incomes of other labor groups who (with the exception of the mechanics) come from the street with zero experience required and a 4 week crash course? No wonder mgt treats us as mere hourly workers.

God Bless you man! I've been saying this for years now!!!

-Tell me how many F/A's or Gate Agents have a retirement age??

-How many F/A's, Gate Agents, or Ramp workers have a license from the FAA??

-How many of them have more than two weeks or a month at the most in professional training??

-How many of them take home more than 2nd and 3rd year FO's??? (Have you looked at senior F/A pay at some of the majors?)

This is overunionization.. ALPA and APA are there to protect professionals with years of training and experience, Machinists Union is protecting highly experienced and trained.

We need to start worrying about our own profession and screw the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** hired help!

V70T5 said:
-How many F/A's have a license from the FAA??

They all will by December. From the AFA website....

FAA moving forward on flight attendant certification

"Although flight attendants perform safety- and security-related functions, they previously had never been certificated like pilots, mechanics, aircraft dispatchers, parachute riggers, and others. Congress acknowledged that flight attendants perform vital crewmember functions onboard air carrier aircraft, including emergency functions for aircraft evacuations, firefighting, first aid, and response to security threats. Flight attendants are considered safety-sensitive employees subject to FAA drug and alcohol testing requirements and flight time limitations

AFA forced this on the government saying that F/A's needed to be treated as safety professionals, so the Wizard of Oz gave Scarecrow a diploma. How about getting typed in that soda cart before you ram it into my knee for the 3rd time. How about 1st class medicals and Age 60 retirement? Some of these broads signed up looking for Mr. Wright and were infuriated when they found out Orville quit.

Dennis Miller said:
They all will by December. From the AFA website....

FAA moving forward on flight attendant certification

"Although flight attendants perform safety- and security-related functions, they previously had never been certificated like pilots, mechanics, aircraft dispatchers, parachute riggers, and others. Congress acknowledged that flight attendants perform vital crewmember functions onboard air carrier aircraft, including emergency functions for aircraft evacuations, firefighting, first aid, and response to security threats. Flight attendants are considered safety-sensitive employees subject to FAA drug and alcohol testing requirements and flight time limitations

AFA forced this on the government saying that F/A's needed to be treated as safety professionals, so the Wizard of Oz gave Scarecrow a diploma. How about getting typed in that soda cart before you ram it into my knee for the 3rd time. How about 1st class medicals and Age 60 retirement? Some of these broads signed up looking for Mr. Wright and were infuriated when they found out Orville quit.

You have got to be kidding me right??? I mean, I know your name is Denis Miller, but for real??? This takes the cake! So what's the retirement age?? No! let me guess.... 75 right?

Dennis Miller said:

That is THE funniest shi t I have ever read on this board. Period.

Dizel8-
Where did you hear that rumor? If that is true then that needs to be exposed by Alpa or whoever. I've always thought that most of these analysts are extremely biased and are gloating over the demise of our profession but it would be nice to prove it.
Who in the fukc really cares?. This will have no bearing on whether or not Airways can survive, bottom line is they are on life support with a funeral director on stby and they must act now. . . Time is running out and sometimes it is much easier to just swallow your pride, accept, and make it to live another day. You can hold out, play hard ball until you get blue in the face but this won't do anything to make sure these folks have a place they can call "work".

I cannot believe I just responded to such an insane question that has absolutely no relevance whatsoever on the short and long term survival of Airways.:confused:

If you truly think this is nothing more than smoke being blown then I would urge you to put the pipe down. The time for fun and games surely is not now. This is a very serious situation that needs to be resolved as quickly as possible.

I wish all the Airways folks the best and can only hope they can beat this uphill battle that only seems to be getting worse.

For curiosity sake, how are the upcoming weeks/months going to effect Piedmont and PSA?. I see both are hiring somewhat in large numbers so my question is will this continue if management makes a call and states that they will not be able to meet the Sept. 30th due date?.

I guess I am a tad puzzled to continue to see hiring at both places but is this dependant upon something else other than U?.

any guesses or predictions on the "why" behind all this hiring at the WO's?.

worst case scenario (which hopefully will not happen) is what happens to those pilots at PSA/PDT?

If the end it nearing would they cancel all training dates and put an end to this? Seems that those who I speak to at both carriers continue to state that no ground school classes are being scrapped and interviews are still planned. What am I missing here??

3 5 0

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back