USAir WO and J4J

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

D8drvr

It's been a few weeks. Things seemed to have settled down with the WO TA's and J4J. What is the new news at the WO? Now that it was voted in, what are the feelings of the pilots? Any word on when the jets arrive?

I am not sure how things are looking. I got a reply to an email I sent Seigel earlier this week and it didnt say that much. I posted it under the PSA update thread i think. Apparently, Seigel is meeting the the Mainline MEC tomorrow to give them an update on the restructuring. They think that he will be asking them to allow the company to reduce the amout of compensation the company puts into the retirement because profits are coming up short and they might not be able to meet the requirements for the ATSB loan. That would ultimately lead to CH 7. More infor on the MCE code-a-phone..i dont know what is going to happen. I will either have a job....or i will be a bum in the islands for a few years. either way, i dont care anymore

:eek:
The only news I have heard follows:

Piedmont is losing 9 airplanes and closing the JAX base Jan 1. I fear ALG will hear something similar next. Furloughs will be coming, good thing we eliminated our furlough protection!

No wholly owned will see jets until group comes out of Chapter 11, which is getting pushed back further every time you hear anything. To add insult to injury, even if we see jets, they will probably be few and far between, leading to more furloughs as we park props.

Mid Atlantic is going to be a long way down the road, and they've been running into problems with the certificate. Seems that after all the nonsense, the feds still don't allow a defunct certificate to magically come alive (who knew?!?). There has been speculation and rumor that they will merge the three wholly owneds, and call it Mid Atlantic. The only problem with that for us is that our weak TA's allow the merging, and mainline's TA calls for 100% of jets at "Mid Atlantic" to be staffed by furloughed mainline guys. (Ruh - roh)... There is no language in our TA to prevent them from calling us Mid Atlantic and allowing us no jet jobs.

Sound like fun? I think PSA is hiring, come get in on all the excitement!

USAir asks ALPA for relief on RJ codeshr

Item 1. MEC Chairman Chris Beebe has called a special MEC meeting to convene in Pittsburgh on Wednesday, November 6 at 10 a.m. and adjourn at the completion of business.

The agenda is as follows:

1. To consider the Company’s request for additional small jet relief. The Company has requested that small jet code sharing authority be expanded beyond the authority granted in the Restructuring Agreement.

Management is also requesting authority to operate 70-seat small jets at affiliate (non-wholly own) carriers, instead of only at MidAtlantic Airways.

Is it true?

1) There is a rumor in Mesa that there are many USAir pilots scheduled to start class for Freedom Air flying 70 seater RJ?

2) How will ALPA explain this to the public, because they are still against pilots flying for Freedom.

Latest resources

Back