USAir March bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey General?

Delta pilots have already retained Jeff Freund (AWA's attorney) in the possible merger between Delta and USAirways.

I don't think so, because Lee Moak has no intention of ever letting this go through. I doubt they retained anyone on AWA's side unless he is gone from there.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It's a virtual certainty that the A330 Captain slots will be for original U pilots only for at least the next 7 to 8 years. Your 1986 hire friend at AWA can bid it as a junior F.O. though if he really wants to fly to Europe.:smash:

TP

No matter what Nicolau comes up with on the list I believe you are right about the 330, I doubt any west pilots will even be allowed on it as fo. I also think that is as it should be, the widebodies are yours, I think that is only right. All I want is to have my normal progression in PHX, thats all.

No matter what Nicolau comes up with on the list I believe you are right about the 330, I doubt any west pilots will even be allowed on it as fo. I also think that is as it should be, the widebodies are yours, I think that is only right. All I want is to have my normal progression in PHX, thats all.

I wrote that post to settle the General down. He seems to have become a flamer of late.

I think we agree, in that I don't think any U guy should be allowed to keep an AWA guy from his normal progression in the west. As stated here and elsewhere, big fences are really necessary in this integration to keep windfalls from happening for either side.

It's inflammatory to say that a 1986 hire at AWA could hold A330 Captain after the integration, just as it is inflammaotry to say that the bottom guy at U could hold Captain in the west. That gets us nowhere. Fences are the best answer. Relative seniority doesn't work nor does DOH unless their are long term fences that last until about 2025. U's proposal keeps the fences until 2014. That's not long enough to protect guys in my seniority range, but at least it's a start.

Typhoonpilot

[

Another consideration is that many U pilots will not return. I would expect only 33% or less. This time there is no pension to return to, only a low paying F.O. job. You're right that I won't be coming back. I've run the numbers and it makes no sense for me to return financially. Many others will make the same determination.

Here's hoping your right.....:beer:

PHXFLYR:cool:

I wrote that post to settle the General down. He seems to have become a flamer of late.

I think we agree, in that I don't think any U guy should be allowed to keep an AWA guy from his normal progression in the west. As stated here and elsewhere, big fences are really necessary in this integration to keep windfalls from happening for either side.

It's inflammatory to say that a 1986 hire at AWA could hold A330 Captain after the integration, just as it is inflammaotry to say that the bottom guy at U could hold Captain in the west. That gets us nowhere. Fences are the best answer. Relative seniority doesn't work nor does DOH unless their are long term fences that last until about 2025. U's proposal keeps the fences until 2014. That's not long enough to protect guys in my seniority range, but at least it's a start.

Typhoonpilot

I agree with everything you just said. I may be naieve or overly optimistic, but I have a hunch Nicolau is going to do a good job for all of us. That is not to say that there won't be alot of bitching on both sides, for there will be, but I think the end result will be ok.

You don't know him very well,do you?;)

PHXFLYR:cool:

I must have made you mad recently. I talked to one of your senior pilots and he told me his take on your talks. That was it. I honestly don't care what happens with you guys and USAir.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back