• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir March bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Making fun of someone who flew those? You are getting desperate. He listed a plane he flew, and you seem to list everything under the sun that you were a stew on.

Bye Bye--General Lee

That was a joke there Bubba ( as in me a geezer and him a wippersnapper) ahhhh ... forget it.

And don't you be disparaging the mighty Airliner either!

He was hired in 86... 21 years ago around the time AWA started so they're gonna be mad because... what, he's younger than all of them. I'm outraged too! Young bastard!
OMFG!

GL come on man can't we talk about the DAL take over instead?

Last edited:
He was hired in 86... 21 years ago around the time AWA started so they're gonna be mad because... what, he's younger than all of them. I'm outraged too! Young bastard!
OMFG!

GL come on man can't we talk about the DAL take over instead?

Aren't you sick of my canned answers yet? I've got plenty more, with new articles coming out all of the time....:) That captain I talked about did say he looked forward to flying to Europe on the A330. That's what he said....and he also said he didn't think the DL merger would happen. I cracked an immediate smile....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Always fun GL...

CLT and PHL sure wouldn't like that. Their Congressmen, in fact, are opposed to the takeover for obvious reasons. Even Oberstar said he hasn't found one Congressman in favor of this deal.

Bye Bye--General Lee

How could I just make that up? You're right, I don't know and really don't care. But, I was repeating exactly what someone who does care said. That should make you worried. He was a 46 year old senior captain at AWA hired in 86, and he was in the top 150 at AWA. That would make most USAir pilots freaked out. I met him while he was on the terminal subway leaving the D concourse (I was coming from E). He seemed excited about those A330s.
Bye Bye--General Lee

It's a virtual certainty that the A330 Captain slots will be for original U pilots only for at least the next 7 to 8 years. Your 1986 hire friend at AWA can bid it as a junior F.O. though if he really wants to fly to Europe.:smash:

TP

Last edited:
Hey General?

Delta pilots have already retained Jeff Freund (AWA's attorney) in the possible merger between Delta and USAirways.

It's a virtual certainty that the A330 Captain slots will be for original U pilots only for at least the next 7 to 8 years. Your 1986 hire friend at AWA can bid it as a junior F.O. though if he really wants to fly to Europe.:smash:

TP

You must have a direct line to the arbitrator.

TP

He was 46 years old he said, so he will see it probably. I don't really care, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back