• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir March bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A quote from the East notes. Could this be why the arbitrator "appeared" agitated:

"The afternoon was spent with the AWA merger attorney, Mr. XXX cross examining Captain YYY. As usual the cross examination began with, “I have just a few questions” Several hours later the testimony of Captain YYY ended."

It would appear the AWA attorney can be a little bit of a pain. Racking up billable hours perhaps :rolleyes:

TP​

You may be wrong. According to an AWA senior Captain I met tonight, he said the arbitrator listened to the East guys for two weeks talk about the bottom USAir guy, and finally said "I don't care what his normal progression would have been, you almost went away, that doesn't matter..." So, it seems he may take into account your airline (USAir) almost going away. Your guys had 3 weeks to persuade the judge (arbitor), and you wasted 2 weeks on what this guy's progression could have been. And, he also said your East pilots settled on a 1996 seniority list with a bunch of guys already retired on it, so they could fill spots with current USAir furloughed pilots. Sounds like the old arbitrator (82 years old) can see thru the krap. Interesting stuff!

Bye Bye--General Lee

This Arbitrator is a class act and I know from sitting at the same table with him for 2 weeks during the Shuttle Arbitration. This description you put forth is so off the mark I have to say: back under your rock Lee.

You may be wrong. According to an AWA senior Captain I met tonight, he said the arbitrator listened to the East guys for two weeks talk about the bottom USAir guy, and finally said "I don't care what his normal progression would have been, you almost went away, that doesn't matter..." So, it seems he may take into account your airline (USAir) almost going away. Your guys had 3 weeks to persuade the judge (arbitor), and you wasted 2 weeks on what this guy's progression could have been. And, he also said your East pilots settled on a 1996 seniority list with a bunch of guys already retired on it, so they could fill spots with current USAir furloughed pilots. Sounds like the old arbitrator (82 years old) can see thru the krap. Interesting stuff!

Bye Bye--General Lee
Complete B.S. General ! You have no clue as to what is transpiring here !

This Arbitrator is a class act and I know from sitting at the same table with him for 2 weeks during the Shuttle Arbitration. This description you put forth is so off the mark I have to say: back under your rock Lee.

You sound very old and bitter.

It is what the senior AWA captain told me. You obviously don't read the CURRENT transcripts I guess. He is 82, and probably more crotchety than when you sat with him holding hands during the Shuttle arbitration. Wake up, I was just stating what I was told by someone who knows more than you do.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Dude, C-152? Come on .....

Making fun of someone who flew those? You are getting desperate. He listed a plane he flew, and you seem to list everything under the sun that you were a stew on.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Complete B.S. General ! You have no clue as to what is transpiring here !

How could I just make that up? You're right, I don't know and really don't care. But, I was repeating exactly what someone who does care said. That should make you worried. He was a 46 year old senior captain at AWA hired in 86, and he was in the top 150 at AWA. That would make most USAir pilots freaked out. I met him while he was on the terminal subway leaving the D concourse (I was coming from E). He seemed excited about those A330s.

Bye Bye--General Lee

A lot of senior AWA guys claim they aren't interested in the A330. But I would bet if the thing is fenced out then they'll be crying foul and if it's not we'll see a mass exodus of senior dudes in PHX to PHL/CLT A-330 CA slots.

Latest resources

Back