• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir Furloughes "Where are they now?"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I remember a bunch of guys went to Vanguard after the furlough. Wonder what happened to them?

Oh, and lest we forget the dozens upon dozens of us who showed up in Syracuse for one of Padre's group interviews for Legacy Airlines. <grin> Man were we gullible.

I showed up and someone there told me that the word gullible isn't in the dictionary and I believed him. I'm going to the E-190 this summer after lots of active duty.

At job #4 since 9/11, currently at, um, Eagle as a FO:0

Too picky and yet not picky enough I guess.

Probably not going back as it would mean 20-25 years of commuting and I'm pretty much done chasing the dream.

Been at FedEx for 5 years. What a difference working under good mangement makes. At USAir had a great job working for a crappy company. At FedEx have a good job working for a great company. The latter is much better. Good luck to those who return. I enjoyed working with the people there, hated working for the pr!cks in Crystal City.

Last edited:
Furloughed Dec 02, Swa since Mar04 there are at least 10 that I know of at SWA, including some folks who just quit. Working for a management team who actually wants to run an airline is a big improvement.

Corp/135 Capt. Current in F2000 and GIV, always on 'standby'. and get this, for around the same pay as I'd get going back to at AAA. Sadly, even AAA sounds attractive now. Like so many companies, we've gone from 'team members' and 'valued employees' to 'be glad you have a job'. At AAA, once you left the gate, the job was great, crews were awesome. At 52, there's not much time to screw around either, y'know!

Good luck to all!!

Latest resources

Back