• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir Furloughes "Where are they now?"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Furloughed Nov, 2002. Started at Emirates Jan, 2003. B777 Captain since Mar, 2004.

I know one friend (who doesn't post here so I'll do it...) just got hired at JB after bouncing around at Ryan Int'l and MDA. He's a 10/89 hire.

Was he 10-16-89?

Typhoonpilot

I remember a bunch of guys went to Vanguard after the furlough. Wonder what happened to them?

Oh, and lest we forget the dozens upon dozens of us who showed up in Syracuse for one of Padre's group interviews for Legacy Airlines. <grin> Man were we gullible.

I know some are at Cathay.

There's a couple at spirit/airtran/skybus....One or two I know are in Africa / Europe on contract. A few other in India/China.....

Now that the "take it or leave it" calls are going out, I thought it be interesting to learn as to where all the furloughees are at. I've counted 1750 and roughly 300 or so have taken recalls so that puts the recall rate just over 17%. As most would suspect not many more will return and I wish nothing but the best with everyone. This is by no means meant to bash anyone and PLEASE, lets not turn this into another arbitration debade. FurloughedAgain had a heck of a story and it sparked this question so it's purely curiosity (mobid if you will) and nothing more. So if you'd care to share, tell us your story and where you're at and your current status (Southwest, Airtran, Jetblue, Corporate, Capt. FO, etc.)

Good luck to us all.

Quite a few Easties and now infact Westies, Hmmm...

Latest resources

Back