• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usair FO position no longer available

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
US Airways doesn't really know what it's doing from one day to the next. There are no vacancies on the June system bid so I guess no new hiring for the next few months. I'd still expect more hiring this year however, probably with little to no notice.

The pilots that are 64 years old may go on medical leave and burn their sick time, MAY. So it's difficult to predict how many pilots will be needed to replace those guys. Until Dec 7,2012 (Age 65 kicks in) nothing is for sure. After that date when guys have to leave, they(mngmt) will have a better picture as far as hiring goes. Good luck to those interested. Until then stay tuned.

Well the last bid that just closed on Feb. 26th had 29 unfilled slots. 11 were on the 190, the rest were 737 and A320 slots... That bid is effective June 2012...

Latest class that started yesterday had a total of 10 new hire pilots. Four pilots are going into the B-737 and 6 into the E-190. Two more classes are scheduled. (one in march and one in April) Additional hiring/classes to begin in July. Things are slowed down until then due to a backlog in the simulators. Starting around July they are expected a lot of hiring going forward in anticipation of retirements. (per MGMT)

#####!!! My contact email is incorrect on the US Airways returning candidate login page and contact information page. Does US Airways call their applicants based off their resume information or via email? I cant change my email address information on the login page without starting a new file. Which the window has closed.

I just got an email saying they filled the positions before they had a chance to look at my application. Nice. Oh, and I filled out the app a couple days after the window opened.

The hiring should pick back up later this summer or fall. Starting in 2013, we'll have between 15-20 pilot retirements a month for the foreseeable future.

Latest resources

Back