Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAIR "East" profiting while the West Flounders?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And just how would anyone verify this without having access to the company's books? It's not like the company is going to (or is required to) report on the profitability of individual routes. Please! The people "throwing this theory around" (yourself included) are simply inciting more stupid discussions that at the end of the day will mean nothing.

It is a known fact that the lowest yield is traffic to and from LAS - that is why the flight schedule was reduced so much - not stupid - good business use of the airplanes/crews. The stupid part is not going into new markets that might be profitable and instead we just furloughed.

Metrojet

Right. Kind of like a captain who briefs his FO that he does everything by the book and is easy going.Man, are you confused. US Airways has the highest operating costs in the industry, employee salaries notwithstanding. see: http://industry.bnet.com/travel/1000283/third-quarter-2008-airline-costs/
Longevity isn't the same as seniority. So no, the West isn't more junior.And also why USAPA was found liable in a DFR trial. It's not legal.There's no "lesser" seats. Nicolau kept the relative seniority of both airlines pretty close. Since the merger the East has enjoyed hundred of upgrades. The West, only downgrades.Respect must be earned.We'll see. Considering the Addington lawsuit's original aim was an injuction enjoining the Nicolau list if that's all Judge Wake awards than mission accomplished. But Wake has taken a month to research the issue deeper because USAPA has made it abundantly clear they every intention of continuing to violate its DFR. So look for Wake to try to put more teeth in his remedy so justice may be served.

This best part of your post is how many times you copied, pasted and quoted.... so chill. You're right, I made a mistake. I meant to say that US Air has the lowest operating costs with respect to employee pay scales. West and East are together financing managements blunders. The airline would not survive anyother way. US Air is in very bad shape.

Respect was earned by the East pilots with their extra decade of service over the West. What is the average age of the West pilot group? The average age of an East pilot is 56! Shame on you for saying that they need to earn anything when so many of them are old anough to be the fathers of many AWA pilots.

The post was neutral: I have two family members at US Air who are super senior. Nic or not they are two pilots who don't get affected, if anything Nic gives them more relativity. So yes my post was neutral.

Ironicly, I will again point out that West asked for too much, and in turn (through a twist of fate) got too little.

You're right, don't worry... the Nic award will go through... at some point. But if you can stand by for a couple more years, East will retire in droves and you will ride an amazing wave of retirments. Many East pilots are losing their medicals because they're so old. My father is actually one of them.

ALPA will come back and the Nic award will eventually make it on the property. That is if US Air survives the likes of super senior East Captains and more senior East FOs writing up and bickering with junior West pilots bitter about their lives. US Airways as a whole is not far from a serious breaking point...

You should be more worried about how subversive USAPA (or ALPA) will be for the next couple decades. That is if US Air survives. Best of luck to all the US Air guys.

Two words: Wholly Owned. We are just an expense on the financial report, while West has Mesa, a contract expense.

This best part of your post is how many times you copied, pasted and quoted.
I don't copy or paste anything. I simply hit reply with quote and insert my comments after yours.
Respect was earned by the East pilots with their extra decade of service over the West.
Simply working at a company for a long time doesn't earn respect. It earns longevity pay. You need to learn the difference.
What is the average age of the West pilot group?
Don't know. Don't care. George Nicolau is in his eighties and that earned him the epithet "senile" from many Easties. Doesn't seem to me there's much respect for age on the East.
Shame on you for saying that they need to earn anything when so many of them are old anough to be the fathers of many AWA pilots.
When they act like children (you know, the whole binding arbitration thing) is brings shame on them. Don't blame that on the West.
The post was neutral:
Maybe in your mind it was. To everyone else you were more critical of the West.
Ironicly, I will again point out that West asked for too much, and in turn (through a twist of fate) got too little.
Okay, I'll bite. We asked for too much when and from whom?
But if you can stand by for a couple more years, East will retire in droves and you will ride an amazing wave of retirments.
Promise? Ya know, when I was hired by TWA in 1999 we were told we'd be captains in five years. I wasn't gullible then and I'm not gullible now. There's no guarantees about where this company will be in several years so you'll excuse me if the promise of future advancement falls flat. And BTW, arbitrator Nicolau didn't put much stock in future advancement. He's been around longer than you or I for sure.
ALPA will come back and the Nic award will eventually make it on the property.
Shhh.... there are Easties lurking on this site. You'll give them a heart attack.
US Airways as a whole is not far from a serious breaking point...
We've heard that before. I'll believe it when I see it.

Pssst! Nic is already here, just waiting to be implemented! The East pilots can look for respect all they want, but with moves like USAPA and the Cactus 18 lawsuit, it will be hard to earn.

I don't copy or paste anything. I simply hit reply with quote and insert my comments after yours.Simply working at a company for a long time doesn't earn respect. It earns longevity pay. You need to learn the difference.Don't know. Don't care. George Nicolau is in his eighties and that earned him the epithet "senile" from many Easties. Doesn't seem to me there's much respect for age on the East.When they act like children (you know, the whole binding arbitration thing) is brings shame on them. Don't blame that on the West.Maybe in your mind it was. To everyone else you were more critical of the West.Okay, I'll bite. We asked for too much when and from whom?Promise? Ya know, when I was hired by TWA in 1999 we were told we'd be captains in five years. I wasn't gullible then and I'm not gullible now. There's no guarantees about where this company will be in several years so you'll excuse me if the promise of future advancement falls flat. And BTW, arbitrator Nicolau didn't put much stock in future advancement. He's been around longer than you or I for sure.Shhh.... there are Easties lurking on this site. You'll give them a heart attack.We've heard that before. I'll believe it when I see it.

So if you were hired by TWA in 99, you must be loving life at AWA now. I cannot believe that you have (at most) 7 years seniority at AWA and you think you're on par with any East pilot due to your relative longevity.

Delta vs Mesa has been drug out for how long? There is no reason why this lawsuit won't last another year.

Hard to reason with the unreasonable.

Latest resources

Back