• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir (east) May bid includes 160 recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wondering what the story is with that? Why did the blue KoolAid wear off? I thought they administered that stuff rectally.

Yea.... it was administered so by force that the JetBlue leadership made the decision from DAY 1 that a furloughee would NOT have to RESIGN their number.

Sounds like a real dirtbag outfit. Leave it up to the individual to decide what is best for himself and his family. If the pay/benefits/intangibles are not good enough for you, you can go back to your old playground.

You sound a little like a dooch e bag BENDERGONZALES.:smash:

I hear that a lot of Jetblue pilots (who happen to be USAir furloughees) are considering returning to USAir.

Just wondering what the story is with that? Why did the blue KoolAid wear off? I thought they administered that stuff rectally.

That's not true. We won't take them unless there PIC is in an aircraft with max gross over 200,000 lbs.

Yea.... it was administered so by force that the JetBlue leadership made the decision from DAY 1 that a furloughee would NOT have to RESIGN their number.

Sounds like a real dirtbag outfit. Leave it up to the individual to decide what is best for himself and his family. If the pay/benefits/intangibles are not good enough for you, you can go back to your old playground.

You sound a little like a dooch e bag BENDERGONZALES.:smash:
It's too bad this is even a question. Just a short time ago, the question of returning to their legacy carrier would have been laughed off by furloughees.
Now, many if not most, are weighing their options.
The culture was managements to lose and it looks like it's on the way out.

Actually, I never applied to USAir. I won't say whether or not I fly for a major.

The mere fact that I hear a bunch of USAir pilots say that it they want DOH with Delta is a joke! Your worthless excuse for management can't even finish the last integration. I bet that one will create a great working environment in the cockpit.

Good luck bro......

I wasn't trying to be a jerk. Almost without exception furloughees have expressed no desire to return to the major that let them go almost 5 years ago. We all (myself included) dismissed the suggestion of recall since so much time has been lost, the retirements decimated, the compensation and benefits packages a mere shadow of what they were before we left.

Today, faced with the prospect of that recall, we're all (again almost without exception) looking at it more critically. We're no longer dismissing the idea outright, but looking at it as we would any other job opportunity and trying to determine if we DID accept the job, what would the impact be on our families, etc.

For me, it would most likely mean a two leg commute to a lower paying job, a crash-pad, and having to purchase some sort of transportation at the domicile. BUT the top end pay is higher and the retirement is still better than what I get currently.

So i'm not trying to be a jerk when asking why the Jetblue pilots would return. I am just curious as to why they are making that decision? What happened to the culture? The rapid growth? What made these folks decide that JetBlue isn't the career they thought it might be?

These are questions we're ALL asking about our current employers right now, nomatter how good the job.

Congrats, USAirways. I assume that most of the recalls are due to retirements. Let's hope that the age 60 doesn't change until ALL of the furloughees at every airline get a choice on whether or not to return.

By my "very rough" calculations I think it may get into the 99 hires.
Here's my logic:

As per the last Affected Pilot's List the last recall for bid O7-02 was #3524 on the 2006 Seniority list.

With the by-pass ratio of 4 to 1 (most conservative), that means 160 recalls will go through 640 guys on the list.

Therefore #3524 + 640 = #4164. That just happens to be a May 1999 hire.

Good Luck everybody

Doug.

Letters are going out down to the Oct 16 1989 guys. Who knows how many are going to pass. Time will tell. Most of the positions are Group I (75/76 Domestic and Int'l) and Group II f/o positions(73/AB).

Latest resources

Back