• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir (east) May bid includes 160 recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those that wish to come back, WELCOME BACK. The merger stuff is out of our hands. Two groups join as one and WALK IN STEP to demonstrate that COST NEUTRAL is not nearly enough. They are strong, we are STRONGER. Follow your leaders and make a difference.

fly.80

Why don't you identify what wonderful major you fly for. USAir put my 2 kids through college and paid for my house and car. I've could never have imagined a better career after 37 years with that "sucky" airline.

By my "very rough" calculations I think it may get into the 99 hires.
Here's my logic:

As per the last Affected Pilot's List the last recall for bid O7-02 was #3524 on the 2006 Seniority list.

With the by-pass ratio of 4 to 1 (most conservative), that means 160 recalls will go through 640 guys on the list.

Therefore #3524 + 640 = #4164. That just happens to be a May 1999 hire.

Good Luck everybody

Doug.

I hear that a lot of Jetblue pilots (who happen to be USAir furloughees) are considering returning to USAir.

Just wondering what the story is with that? Why did the blue KoolAid wear off? I thought they administered that stuff rectally.

I'm happy for the recalls, and for those who wish to come back. Regardless of where we fall on Nicolau's future list one thing is certain, forward movement will help everyone. Not to mention just being happy for someone on a personal level, even if you don't know them.

Latest resources

Back