USAIR and CASS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airlinepilot

First let me say this is NOT a slam against USAIR or the crews....as a weekly commuter on USAIR I can say thanks for always being a class act. Here is my problem....I have yet to find a agent that can make CASS work. By their own admission they either have not used it, cannot make it work or don't know how. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have some documentation on what computer codes, etc to use to make CASS happen.
I was in BWI on Thurdays and the agent was not able to validate me or another offline pilot. We were lucky that a flight that was 100% booked had several no-shows. However, if not for the no-shows we would not have been able to rid upfront. Merry HO HO

Road USAirways today, and the gate agent asked me if we were CASS capable. She verified it with the computer and issued the boarding pass.

It definitely works... just gotta get past the gate agent. Sorry I don't know the secret codes though.

Try this: F*PPD/CASS.. agents can access this to find details about the procedures for processing a pilot through CASS. Also: N*CASS/UN.. contains the formatted message along with instructions for completion and sending data to the CASS server. Good luck. Would love to be able to help you. Merry Christmas!
airlinepilot said:
First let me say this is NOT a slam against USAIR or the crews....as a weekly commuter on USAIR I can say thanks for always being a class act. Here is my problem....I have yet to find a agent that can make CASS work. By their own admission they either have not used it, cannot make it work or don't know how. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have some documentation on what computer codes, etc to use to make CASS happen.
I was in BWI on Thurdays and the agent was not able to validate me or another offline pilot. We were lucky that a flight that was 100% booked had several no-shows. However, if not for the no-shows we would not have been able to rid upfront. Merry HO HO

Rode US Airways today with no problems. Thanks guys!

But when I mentioned that we were in CASS, the gate agent told me that if it came to that, I wouldn't be getting on the plane because it takes too long to process. This, almost an hour before departure. Fortunately there was enough room that it wasn't an issue. If it's too much trouble, though, then there will be people left behind. Something to keep in mind.

Latest resources

Back