• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USair A320 flat-spotting a tire.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pretty sure it's an EMB 170 in IAH. Expressjet has these pics plastered all over their crew room. We had the same thing happen to one of our 145's in EWR a few years back; supposedly you can transfer hydraulic fluid between the #1 and #2 systems by cycling the parking brake, but if you forget to release it before landing, bad news.

Actually, I take that back....those pics do look like an airbus. There must've been a seperate incident in IAH.

I have seen the 170 pics. looks very similar to these pics.
although I think the pics here are of the Airbus.

Bigboy

Looks like a classic case of landing with the brake on to me. If you look closely in the photo, you can see hard evidence of how to do a short field landing in a modern jet aircraft. From touchdown, to a complete stop in 1500 feet. Thats impressive. You can see a Runway Distance Remaining Marker in the photograph.

Cardinal said:
Calling that a "flatspot" is like calling Katrina a "rainshower."

Calling that a "flatspot" is like calling Skykid just "slightly homosexual."

CUZ said:
Looks like a classic case of landing with the brake on to me. If you look closely in the photo, you can see hard evidence of how to do a short field landing in a modern jet aircraft. From touchdown, to a complete stop in 1500 feet. Thats impressive. You can see a Runway Distance Remaining Marker in the photograph.

I bet the only skid marks that can rival those are the ones in the pilot's shorts when they touched down.

Latest resources

Back