USair A320 flat-spotting a tire.....

Huck

Total Time
???!!!????

(Reads post, backs away slowly, lowers himself into ditch ("Man this ain't going to be pretty!"), waits for incoming rounds, hears the first shriek of inbound metal....)

ERfly

Total Time
Looks very similar to an incident on the 170 in IAH about a month or so back.

CUZ

Total Time
It was a US Airbus, that landed on RWY 9L at FLL with the Parking Brake on. I had to divert because of it.

KC-10 Driver

Total Time
~7500
A US Airways A320 landed in FLL with the parking brake set quite a while ago -- about a year ago I think. I almost had to divert that day, due to the resultant runway closure.

The pics look like an A320 to me.

Alchemy

Total Time
Pretty sure it's an EMB 170 in IAH. Expressjet has these pics plastered all over their crew room. We had the same thing happen to one of our 145's in EWR a few years back; supposedly you can transfer hydraulic fluid between the #1 and #2 systems by cycling the parking brake, but if you forget to release it before landing, bad news.

Alchemy

Total Time
Actually, I take that back....those pics do look like an airbus. There must've been a seperate incident in IAH.

bigboy

Total Time
7000+
I have seen the 170 pics. looks very similar to these pics.
although I think the pics here are of the Airbus.

Bigboy

CUZ

Total Time
Looks like a classic case of landing with the brake on to me. If you look closely in the photo, you can see hard evidence of how to do a short field landing in a modern jet aircraft. From touchdown, to a complete stop in 1500 feet. Thats impressive. You can see a Runway Distance Remaining Marker in the photograph.

Juvat

Used Register
Total Time
22+yrs
Cardinal said:
Calling that a "flatspot" is like calling Katrina a "rainshower."

Calling that a "flatspot" is like calling Skykid just "slightly homosexual."

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
CUZ said:
Looks like a classic case of landing with the brake on to me. If you look closely in the photo, you can see hard evidence of how to do a short field landing in a modern jet aircraft. From touchdown, to a complete stop in 1500 feet. Thats impressive. You can see a Runway Distance Remaining Marker in the photograph.

I bet the only skid marks that can rival those are the ones in the pilot's shorts when they touched down.