USA Jet Training Makes the Difference

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
call outs

This thread seems a little like pilot bait but, I have a few questions about the call-out with USA Jet.

Now, i know there is a hot crew at YIP and also normal on call pilots at thier residence, but what does the 20 min time have to do with these positions and if any, while on call on the road?

Just wondering?

Yip,

Your proposal is acceptable to me. I hope that the 100 number is realistic although I am not sure we can handle that many guys. Also, an operation that big may tend to draw the attention of the authorities.

However, my cut must be 30% of the training contact for any pilot I personally send your way. I want it up front upon payment from the Neal. Bank check or cash ONLY.

The pyramid scheme is a good idea but I suggest we don't present this portion until they have signed and committed to the training contract. Promise them a 150% return on their money not 200-300%. That number is too high and may prematurely raise suspicions. By the time they realize they've been duped we'll be long gone. Just remember, we have to wrap up this entire operation within 6 months and completely disappear without a trace. I don't want to know where you are going nor should you ask me. No further contact can be risked. Remember, we'll have 100 or so guys out $20,000+ after our hides.

PM me back with the final details.

CP

OOPS

All board readers:

Please disregard my above post.

It was posted in error.

It was meant to be sent as a PM to Pilotyip and was not intended for general viewing.

Moderator, please change above post to private and send only to:

Pilotyip

Thank you,
CP

Hyper, I think this just flaim bait on your part.

I can think of plenty places that are alot worse then USAJet.

Do you even know anything about this company?

What wrong with making a descent wage flying airplanes around?

Maybe you're right lr25. Sounds like you're up for the gig. Holding a $18k contract to my head on a 20 min. show for 2 years.......I would never SELL OUT like that. As long as guys like you and the rest that agree to terms like that do so, we'll always have to put up with being the employers little puppets. They make demands like that because they can. I never said the training wasn't worth the money, never said the training was bad, never said the company was bad, never said the money wasn't good (and how good does it have to be for you to give up life outside of work?) .......find me a quote to prove it.

If I really wanted it, I'd have no problem signing a 18g contract. But then you aren't going to tell me that at a page's notice I have to be at the airport in 20. As usual here, the point got lost in the posts.

Pager

Everything about the training at USA Jet is true, it really good, we've had guys from Airtran and Spirit and some other say it's better than what they got there. As for the callout being realistic it is. It bites big time but we've had guys doing it for years and they always seem to make it. Some jobs you have to go to work and be there but with this job you just have to be ready to go to work. Beats sitting in an office 9-5 everyday.

From doing some research, it is an independent company that screens the pilots and the pay is better than a few of those "flyby" night operators: "Ameritar, Grandaire, Cherry Air....etc..) I have flown with guys from these companys and have heard the stories. And Lear Love if I was your Chief Pilot I would down grade your a$$ to aircraft cleaner. Why can I say that because I fly the big planes an I also am invloved in pilot hiring...so to you that makes me god. So suck up boy, if you wanna make it of the regional gig.

Why can I say that because I fly the big planes an I also am invloved in pilot hiring...so to you that makes me god. So suck up boy, if you wanna make it of the regional gig.
:rolleyes: No disrespect, but have another.

P.S. Does God know you don't capitalize His name?

Country -

Ameristar has never furloughed, continues to expand, and operates in the black. Not bad for a "flyby" night operator. Are you sure you don't have some private beef with Ameristar because you tend to bring them up always in a negative tone. I have a few friends over at USA Jet and I believe it is a good company, but they have there share of problems too.

Last edited:
Hyper, we aren't slaves at USA Jet. We may have had our problems. The twenty minute call out is for real, because that is the nature of the business to launch the falcon in 45 minutes and the DC9 in 60. When Ford or GM has a plant shut down, every minute counts.

Besides 90% or more of the pilots aren't even under contract. The job isn't for everyone, but it sure beats living on food stamps and making $17,000 at a commuter.

Latest resources

Back