USA Jet Training Makes the Difference

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotyip

USA Jet does all of its training under Part 121 N & O, the DA-20 has 5 weeks of full time ground school prior to starting sim training which runs one week and 25 hours for F/O's. All DA-20 F/O's receive 25 hours of supervised IOE prior to being released to line operations, we observe 100 min time in seat for pairing restrictions and in the past have turned down trips because of only low time pairs available. Our DA-20 pilots must consolidate thier training within 120 days of their PC date. Our safety record speaks for it self and is the standard for the industry. No training is done in airplanes on ride along legs. We have had pilots go to major airlines and tell us, except for fancy bells and whistles, the USA Jet training was as good as they got at their major. No USA Jet pilot has failed training at his next job, we had some wash out of IOE at their next job, but all passed their initial PC's. At an unnamed national passenger operator, 50% of the wshed out of DC-9 training, USA Jet pilots had a 100% pass rate based upon thier USA Jet Training. Some pilots hired by a large player in the business, waived all testing and sim evals for USA Jet pilots, because of the known quality of their USA Jet Training. While in full time ground school you are paid 33K per year soon to go to 36K per year for first year pilots. We have program on track for 6 figures pay in 6 years guarenteed to all Captains. You could pay off the contract in about 6 months on the excess you get over other entry level jobs. As stated before the $38 application fee does not go to USA Jet, it is an administrative fee charged by the doing our on-line screening. With some of the attitudes I have seen on this board about our business, the on-line system may be doing us a favor by eliminanting those who don't want to apply, becasue they would most likely have adjustments problems in our business. Any former USA Jet Alumni, care to chime in and expressthier views on their traiing experience at USA Jet. It costs alot of money to administer this program and that is why we have contract. For those of you who think this is not the job for you, do not apply, we have 25 extremely qualified pilots in our pool who are excited about their prospects to work for USA Jet, fortunately most of them live in this area.

OK, training's good. The training contract? Fine, it's understandable. But a 20 minute show time??? Come on!

$38 application fee!!

I used to be a recruiter for an airline, and all you have to do is take a quick glance at a resume and you know in a split second if the applicant qualifies or doesn't. Sounds to me like USAjet is banking on the current economic situation $38 per unemployeed pilot.

Hiring is part of doing business, and I think its pretty crappy of USAjet to charge for a so called, "administrative fee." While you're at it charge me for the clear coat too!!

Why are you guys advertising for positions when there is a pool of 25?? Is it so you can get more people to pitch in those $38?

USAJet sounds like a great company minus:

1) $38 app fee

2) 20 minute show time.

3) $18,000 two year contract.

I'm gonna have to keep my money and pass this one up!

Three things

I agree with 72long horn, if those three things brother you, you should not apply at USA Jet Airlines. On the other hand if we are hiring and you feel the advantages of working at USA Jet outweight the disadvantages listed by 72longhorn, you should consider what is best for your career. We are currently not posting any jobs at any sites, like 350, etc.

Hey Randy.....

Old man quit plugging your own company, it's uncool and bottom line, nobody gives a flyin F^ck.

Ths skinny on USA Jet. When times are good they are a sucky bottom company to work for. When times are not good (read now) its a place to work. End of story.

20 Min. show

$18k commitment

2 Years

No life

Have to live next to the airport

Hey, do you think they'll let me wash the planes AND pump my own fuel?!

Pilotyip I'll reply.
I was hired as a DC9 F/O. At the time I had only 85 hours of stick time since a 6 year break from aviation. I had 0 jet time. I did have a far amount of experience in a 121 cargo operation flying L-188's and CV 640's. During that 6 years off, I never even seen the inside of an airplane as I had a business to run. If you have never taken 6 years off, let me tell you, it's tough. Luckily the company that I worked for before had an excellent and VERY demanding training program. So I wasn't disillusioned by what REAL training was. The training at USA Jet I think IS probably one of the best in the industry for on demand charters.
In my aviation career I had always wanted to fly the smaller jets but never had the chance to. It was just the way things worked out for me. After a little over a year as DC-9 F/O I was allowed to bid Falcon Captain. At the time I was the first to ever do that. I seen it as a pay raise and a chance to fly the smaller jets for a while. Unfortunate for me, the DA 20 Chief Pilot hated my guts from day one. And I have to admit, he wasn't on my Christmas mailing list either. If none of you have never had a boss that had it out for you. Hope that you never do. Because they can make your life miserable. I took a voluntary lay off and left. The only reason I'm telling you this is so you know that I didn't leave USA Jet with a warm fuzzy feeling. But, really it wasn't USA Jet. It was just a couple of people. And to my satisfaction, one of them was fired shortly afterwards.
Now back to the training. I went through the DA 20 training to get typed and a PC check out of the box. This isn't like going out and buying a type rating. Because I was going to be put on the line as soon as I had my 100 hours in the airplane. And I do believe that maybe they might have been a little tougher on me because I was the first to do this and I felt that I had a lot of people watching to see how I did. The training though demanding was excellent. I felt more than prepared.
For all of you aspiring Airline Pilots. Don't be afraid to take a job as a Falcon 20 F/O. This will be some of the best experience you could get. Bigger is NOT always better in my book. Checking out as a Falcon 20 F/O will be harder then checking out as a DC9 F/O. What ever you do. If you are hired, don't take the training lightly.

Just to clarify: understand that USA Jets training is not in question. None of these posts or the thread I started in the general area criticize USAs training or experience, just their desire to hire slaves.

Latest resources

Back