USA JET Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA-44Typed

Does anyone have any new info on USA Jet? minimum flight times, bases, and pay etc. By the way, I am interested in ANY FLYING JOB, so if you know of anything, it would be appreciated. This househusband and part time substitute teacher gig is getting old. Thanks

With 400 hours you have a long time before you can even get a job like USA Jet. Not bashing you just the truth. There are plenty of guys with 4000 hours that don't have jobs. Get your CFI, CFII and start instructing. Good Luck and take a number.

Fly Safe

Not to be a dic or anything but you could have spent a little more time reading my post and profile before you replied.

from my post.....
-“By the way, I am interested in ANY FLYING JOB, so if you know of anything, it would be appreciated”-

and form my profile…..-“Ratings: CFI,CFII”-

PA-44typed, where are you located at? Your best bet would probably to find a flight school nearby and start instructing to build time. Try to build as much total time as you can and then start looking for other opportunities. In the industry today its hard to say what jobs are going to open up for low time people. I have a friend in Daytona Beach that told me that instructors with less than 300 hours dual given are not getting hired because of the overflow of instructors. Get out there and network and see what you come up with. Good luck.

Re: USA Jet

This is what I know about them, although "Pilotyip" is probably the guy you would want to speak with to get the real scoop.
Pay: $43 per hour, with a 65 hour per month guarantee. $1.58 Per Diem I think. As far as minimum times to apply I'm not too sure what they are. I spoke with their recruiter a couple months back and he said to give them a call when I have around 1000 multi, so I'd guess to be competitive you'd need around 3000TT with 1500 multi or so.
Anyway keep trying, put your Instructor certificate to use and make every flight you take a quality learning experience. Times are tough now as you know so be patient and it'll come around eventually. Good luck! :)

a friend of mine has been working there a couple of years now-when i saw him last he said they let go alot of people-but he said its a good company and hes waiting to get on the 9-hes currently fo on the falcon 20-and based in a little airport outside of dtw-the pay isnt to bad but he said you can boost it by loading and unloading the airplane yourself-alot of back busting work for not much cash

I met several of their pilots this weekend.

If they start hiring, getting on there will not be that easy. From what one of the pilots said, there are enough out of work falcon 20 and dc-9 pilots just in the city the company is located, to start a class on a moments notice if they wanted

Uh What?

To those who gave answers to what I asked for, thanks for your help. To those who told me to take a number, are you just venting because you can't find work either? I HAVE exhausted every route to build time and was just requesting information. I AM a CFI and HAVE gone to every flight school within 2 hours of my home. I am not naive. I know my flight time is low. I simply wanted info. I have friends who were wondering as well. Maybe you should calm down before you post next time!! :)

BTW, what's up with everyone being so pissy when someone asks for information? These are tough times for the aviation industry but come on!

Last edited:
Hang in there PA-44.

USAJet has a hiring pool as of right now, Im not sure how many people there are but I have been in it for 5 months now.

They have a really nice operation at Willor Run airport, very freindly.

PA-44

As a former Willow Run alum myself I can tell you that I have nothing but respect for the Jet Usa guys. They're a top notch freight dog outfit and even though I didn't work there the guys I do know that worked there had nothing but good things to say about it.

I don't want to beat a dead horse but unfortunately, and I know you're sick of hearing this, your times are a little low. But three of my friends just got class dates at Skywest and they only had flight instructor time. Of course they did have 1500+ and over 100 to 150 multi. And even though the market is flooded, there are still jobs out there. So keep plugging and it'll come your way. Hate to make a rah rah speech at you but just take the words of a once great band G'N'R. "Just a little patience...yeahhhhhhhhh. Good luck friend.

Rook
600' AGL Autopilot on.
'WHEW!'

Latest resources

Back