USA JET Guilt Trip

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Porky

Yes, USA Jet management has sunk to a new low. They need contractors to work for them on a temp basis so they started calling old emplyee's. They basically told them if they worked contract for them right now they would be put at the front of the call back list, if they decided to hire again. But if they didn't contract they would not be considered at all. Way to go guys. Guilt trip them to work for you, then brush them aside like dirt. They have sunk to a new low over there. Pat yourselves on the back for that one.

SCABS cross pickets lines at union carriers. No one is a SCAB unless they do they, they may be a scum bag, or sh!thead, but not a SCAB.

USA Jet

Randy,

"Scabs" at a non-union operation? This all sounds like a piss-ant floating down the river with a hard-on screaming "Raise the Draw Bridge".

For crying out loud, the company is broke and trying to come back, if it can. Take the work under the offered conditions, or do not.

No one has a "Right" to the work. It's over. How do you make others understand this?

TransMach

It's one thing to call back out of seniority, its another to tell past employee's they wont be considered for a full time position when its available if they dont take contract work now. The company can and will do whatever they please, but ive learned Karma is a bioootch!

It's one thing to call back out of seniority, its another to tell past employee's they wont be considered for a full time position when its available if they dont take contract work now. The company can and will do whatever they please, but ive learned Karma is a bioootch!

I don't think this is the case at all, I think the story of two pilots trying to weasel their own part time deal (for peanuts) in hopes to be called back out of seniority is what really happened. Over time, the story got twisted to where mngt was initiating this policy of "if you work contract, we'll bring you back full time out of seniority"

Just curious...
Is the USA Jet flying you guys talking about to be done for Transatlantic? I was wondering where the DC9 qual came into play on their employment page when they are selling the 747. Thanks in advance for your answers.

http://www.flytia.com/

Just for laughs, I heard the interior of the 747 was done by MTV's "Pimp my Plane". :laugh: For those of you who have young kids, think Blues Clues and Magenta.... http://image.allmusic.com/00/avg/cov200/drv400/v455/v455930vo26.jpg

Last edited:
SCAB Post Alert

SCAB ALERT last night there was a post above mine that has been removed from this thread. The person, source unknown, was calling anyone who worked for USA Jet out of seniority a SCAB, I was just responding to the use of the word SCAB. A word used excessively in the aviation industry to describe anyone you do not care for. SCAB has an explicit definition, of one who crosses a picket line. There are other words to describe that person. Because of that removal, my post kinda floats out there like a lost log on a drifting river. BTW I had a chance to be a SCAB once, I offered a chance to cross the line a CAL in1983. But my ALPA buddies in my Reserve Squadron told me it would ruin my career and I would end up working for some nonsked at KYIP. Funny how things go, but no regrets it has been a ball the whole way.

Last edited:
Yes, USA Jet management has sunk to a new low. They need contractors to work for them on a temp basis so they started calling old emplyee's. They basically told them if they worked contract for them right now they would be put at the front of the call back list, if they decided to hire again. But if they didn't contract they would not be considered at all.

Where's the problem? The company isn't obligated to offer them work in the first place. It did, and gives first consideration to those who step up and fly.

Porky isnt telling the whole story. Porky knows that the upper managment through the last 5-6 years were there just collecting a paycheck, and to intimidate the crews.

CH was running it into the ground, not under everybodys nose, but in plain sight, but nobody wanted to step up. Everybody and there brother were making money by the fistful, but USAJet, truly sad.

Pilot YIP knows this as I do, that the pilot group was one of the hardest working, but thats wasnt good enough. Talent had to be brought in to turn the page, but they wouldnt allow that either, becuase "peoples" jobs might be at risk, so instead just do the status quoa.

My predictions from 6 or so years ago have come to be, and I'm just a stick actuator, so If me and alot of other plain ole workers could see, you know the guys in the corner office could too, sad.

So for whaever reason Porky is just trying to stir the pot. Porky knows as well as anybody the motives of the managment, and there usual M.O.

Latest resources

Back