• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA 3000 Hiring First Officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My experience with this company has been soo good i keep having to pinch myself. From the first phonecall from HR, the pre-training info, absolutly everything

Welcome aboard. Been here several months now and have yet to see a downside - other than the crew meals will cause you to put on weight if you are not careful.

Technically speaking you are correct that EWR is actually NYC - covering all three major airports. But supposedly it has been a few years since they have done much of anything other than EWR.

Where are you guys doing your training at?

Apparently Airbus uses the MIA sims primarely for new customers (skybus) so we are in DEN. Indoc done by the company guy @ CAE, Systems done by CAE, and sim split between CAE and United( using CAE sims @ united) We just finished indoc. I feel we have a really good group. we've all been around the buisness for a while and chose to come here. I was talking with one of the guys i've known for a while, and i can not spot the one(s) that are here for the type or waiting for something better. we're all sick of the 3-4-5 day trips followed by a commute.
With regards to EWR, TL explained that it was rare to fly out of LGA, but JFK would sometimes have a charter starting there. But they are aware that it could be problematic so they would help with transport EWR-JFK when it happened. I hope he is right.

Take care.
Joe.

Last edited:
Hey Joe,

Where there any spots open in PHL or BWI?

Thanks, I start on Oct 26th in Denver and can't wait.

Yes, both HAD openings. there were one each, both taken as of now by someone in my class. i have NO idea what that means when it comes time to award your class domeciles. Someone could quit, leave or upgrade. I say there is allways hope. I got my first pick. Seniorety is done by age in class. The most fair way in my book. So if you are ( like me ) older than most you should be next inline for a spot. do you pref on or the other? Why? For me it was PIT or BWI no 2. same drive, i live inbetween. PHL no 3.
I see you have been posting about U5 for awhile, so im glad you got what you wanted. Excelent.
I WILL see you on the 26th. ill buy you a beer:)

Take care.
Joe.

Last edited:
I live in between BWI and PHL, so each is the same drive. I'm expecting ORD, but if I get either BWI or PHL, life will be very good. I'm glad to be here either way.

Thanks, a beer sounds good. I will see you in Denver.

Did the training department give any indication how much time guys/gals would have off after sim, but before IOE? Others have had 10 days....I was just curious if that was the rule or the exception.

Thanks again.

Matt

Last edited:
Everyone in my class had a minimum of ten days off. By contract you get at least seven.

Pilot - First Officer 8/10/2007
USA 3000 Airlines is now accepting resumes for First Officers with Part 121 requirements. Airbus 320 experience is preferred. First Officer will perform functions specified in the Fight Crew Operations Manual, General Operations Manual, Company Memos, or assigned by the Captain. Such functions include but are not limited to:
1. preflight inspections of aircraft.
2. obtain ATC clearances.
3. prepare weight and balance calculations and load manifests.
4. manipulate the controls of the aircraft during flight under direction of the Captain.

Requirements
Must possess the following requirements:
1. must have at least 4000 hours of total flight time.
2. must have at least 1000 hours Pilot In Command (PIC) time.
3. have a valid ATP license and be current.
4. first Class Medical
[email protected]

That 1000 pic time, hehe, won't get that anytime soon at Eagle =(

The background of the people in class is broad. Two skyway DO jet Capts ( U 5 has hired several from skyway)

Skyway does produce the best pilot's right? ;-)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back