• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA 3000 Hiring First Officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i was flying into punta cana the last two months for Pace and saw six of your airplanes there at once. it that a big hub?

i sent them a res and thought all my int'l ops time would help. i'm in a 73 but does that matter?

A friend knows of a CRJ FO who got hired a few years back. I don't think your 73 time hurts you at all. Give it a shot if you have the hours!!!!!

Great training ground for Virgin or JB, and, you get typed in the 320.

You're kidding, right? Virgin a better place to go than USA 3000? Been operating 3 days..........what a track record. A320 to E190 and you get to clean the plane. Much beter, riiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhtttt.

I had a 737 type, SIC time in a CRJ and turboprop PIC time and it didn't hurt me.

Starting pay is $54/hr, about the best out there.

As of right now all of the NYC trips are out of EWR. Don't know if there are any plans for something different down the road.

I've had my res + C.L. all typed up and ready to go for 6 mos now, but I just can't take the risk that they'll do the "seasonal furloughs" again. I live in base and it sounds appealing, but...

For what it is worth, they did not do seasonal furloughs this year, in fact they hired. At this point in time we have ten airplanes, and from what I have heard when some shuffling shakes down over the next year, we will end up with eleven airplanes. Also there are several American (TWA) furloughees who will go back when their number comes up. Their may be a handful of USAirways guys awaiting their recall classes as well but I am not sure.

Good luck to those interested.

So what is competative at usa3000? Any possibility for hight time 1900 turboprop operatiors to get on?

Any tricks or jobfairs, or just showing up at corp. to get a "Foot in the Door" so to speak?

Thanks.

Wish I could give you the right answer. The majority of my background was in the mighty Beech, but I did have a little bit of time in the CRJ before I got hired.

I know they like to see the whole glass/fms/jet time, but like anything in this industry what they prefer and who is actually applying are two different things.

Hi!

Other posters said that it's not commutable, but if you live in base it's fantastic-no overnights, and flying about 9 hrs/day. The new hires were for DTW and ORD according to the info.

cliff
YIP

I'm not sure what competitive is. I was just hired, and had nothing but part 91/135 experience. We had a couple guys who were 121, but had lots of 1900 time. Seems like a great place to be. Can't wait!!!

U5 Q's

I'm in ground school for USA3000 now so i might have the most recent info.
As per Chief pilot, EWR is actualy NYC ( all 3 )
Now my info, not CP.
Going from 10 to 12 planes.A decision on if the extra 2 will stay after the season has not been made ( U5 owns them and leases them out during off season)
Current staffing levels with newhires should still put the somewhat short for 12 a/c but just right for 10, so furlought is not very likely. Just my opinion.

My experience with this company has been soo good i keep having to pinch myself. From the first phonecall from HR, the pre-training info, absolutly everything. All except the most junior guy got first choise in domecile.
The background of the people in class is broad. Two skyway DO jet Capts ( U 5 has hired several from skyway)Two from MESA (one with no PIC) Two fom PSA ( one w no PIC) one trans states, one corp prop guy,one gulfstream and one mesaba.
It was my first pick as a place to go for a long time because of out and back schedules. I've been doing the regular airline 3-4-5 day trips w hotels for a long time. This would be like when i started on the mighty mighty beech, in my own bed every night.
Hope this helps. if anyone has any Q's just post and ill try to get an answer.

Take care
Joe.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back