• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Regional pilots are suckers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
According to the Bombardier website, they are essentially the same size aircraft. The length is the same, the width is the same, and the gross wt. is only 250 lbs. difference. Skywest will fly them with 76 seats. The 15 yr. Jazz rate converts to $83.79 US. Justify it all you want, but it isn't a very good captain rate......

So you are telling me that at SkyPest you will make 150% of your hourly rate after flying over 85 hours a month? You must be smoking crack, just face the facts they got a better deal than the Mormons gave you at SkyPest. Jazz pilots get paid better, so suck it up dude. When they are over 85 hours in a month they will make 150% of their hourly rate. That is over $148 CAN an hour.

I believe it was American Airlines who allowed management to start Eagle because the pilots of that era thought they were above flying props. If my resources serve me right, AA mgmt was willing to pay mainline pilots their standard wages but they were going to have to give up their sleek jets for props...AA pilots said no way and mgmt said fine we'll find zit poppers to do it for a fraction of the wages, and that's what they did. AMR (the pimp) created Eagle (the whore house) and they recruited desparate pilots (the whores) to do the dirty work AA pilots wouldn't.

Of course most of the AA pilots who allowed this are all retired, and most of the original whores from Eagle are now in mgmt at Eagle, or representing ALPA at Eagle, or some did the flow through to AA only to get furloughed and sent back to pilot purgatory, while the rest of AA took a precident setting 23% paycut.

I think that's how the snow ball started....in a nut shell

You are way off base. Try Allegheny/Mohawk in the 50's

There wasn't any shiny jets to fly in the 50's? In was 1960 when airlines started to fly jets. In was in the late 60's when Mohawk allowed a subcontract to fly their prop planes around. Then in the 70's, everyone was doing it. These are the same airlines that tried to have three pilots flying the 737's.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back