• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right Scumslime ! ... you are most likely one of the AWA / Ansett SCABS ! Get a life LOSER !
Good!! Wish there were more like you. Get out, go away and don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.:rolleyes: We don't need your kind around here.

You want to see something funny? Watch what happens when they go back up the list with the "take it or leave it" offer and then no-show the class. I'm betting no-shows will be 50% or better on recall classes staffed on the way back UP the list.

If the class isn't until August or September, why tell them "no thanks" right now? Accept the class and hold on to that last possibility for as long as possible.

Okay, let’s say you do that. When you no show for class you will be shown as terminated in your file. You may not want to return to US, but it might be a potential problem down the road.

Think about the next job application you fill out / interview you go on. They will ask if you have EVER been terminated from a job. Now you have to say yes.....

Okay, let’s say you do that. When you no show for class you will be shown as terminated in your file. You may not want to return to US, but it might be a potential problem down the road.

Think about the next job application you fill out / interview you go on. They will ask if you have EVER been terminated from a job. Now you have to say yes.....

Nothing says you can't quit the night before class starts !!!!!

I forgot to add:

If the East continues their tactics of delay to stall a single list/operation it may be a long time before you could go West (since you'd be restricted to the East operation until the operations are merged).

Good luck

That's funny, "Dougie", has been stalling this whole thing for a year and a half, but in the 3 weeks since the arbitrator made his decree it has now somehow become all the East's fault.

I came from PDT to MDA. There were about 100 PDT pilots that went to MDA that are in this position. They have all been offered Group II position at this point.

As a side note, all 100+ pilots from the CEL that went to MDA came from PDT. Not one came from PSA. Most were from ALG, but technically ALG did not exist when we started flowing into MDA.

Alg,

Just out of curiosity how many of the PDT pilots are accepting the positions? Did anybody take the 190 or is everyone going into the bus?

Not sure how many, but originally the 190 positions went down into the PDT guys, but alot of those positions were for classes in the future. (they filled all the 190 slots for the remainder of the year before starting recall of the 160 on this bid) The company then stated, that if you had a 190 slot, and hadn't started class, when a grp II position came open, you could move up to grp II. So since they have hit bottom, I would imagine the majority of them are moving up to grp II and vacating those 190 positions. However a few might have held on to their 190 position for whatever reason (can't really think of one, except seniority, they'd be fairly sr. 190 f/o, possibly block holder I guess)

Also talked to a guy that was 10 from bottom of the '99 hires. He said Charmane told him to expect a call back for "take it or leave it" next week.

"Think about the next job application you fill out / interview you go on. They will ask if you have EVER been terminated from a job. Now you have to say yes....."

Interesting point. I'd hate to have to explain that at an interview down the road. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to give up that number until the last possible second.

Any suggestions?

Not sure how many, but originally the 190 positions went down into the PDT guys, but alot of those positions were for classes in the future. (they filled all the 190 slots for the remainder of the year before starting recall of the 160 on this bid)

I don't think all the 190 slots were filled. They are now offering either or to everyone. Also, There are several former CEL pilots in 190 class now. The first group started last month and should be close to the Sim now and should be on line soon. The first CEL pilot with a Group II slot starts July 9th.

Alg,

Just out of curiosity how many of the PDT pilots are accepting the positions? Did anybody take the 190 or is everyone going into the bus?

Not sure of the break-down. It seems to be an even mix. There are pros and cons to both...

"Think about the next job application you fill out / interview you go on. They will ask if you have EVER been terminated from a job. Now you have to say yes....."

Interesting point. I'd hate to have to explain that at an interview down the road. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to give up that number until the last possible second.

Any suggestions?

This is a tough one. I agree that I would want to hold on as long as I can. As someone said above - You can accept and call a day or two before and quit. The only problem with that is if you quit on such short notice, that position will not be filled for that class and an empty seat will be there as a furloughed brother that wanted that slot is still sitting on the street. My suggestion is to accept the class and if it's in a month or two, you have some time. If you decide not to go, try to give them at least a week or two notice so they can fill that spot with another furloughee...

Latest resources

Back