Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
POTUS helo fleet

EagleRJ said:
American-designed and built Sikorsky helicopters have served as Marine One for 40 years. Maybe we should also consider buying the A-380 to serve as Air Force One? Maybe I'm being too sensitive, but I think only American helicopters should have been considered for this contract.
Although USCG Aviation operates European designed equipment and the Marines operate the British-inspired Harrier, etc., this is one time to "always buy American."

cherokee

Indeed. And it's aeroplanes by the way :)

Not to worry guys, as soon as we have an Austrian prisident it won't matter if he flys around in a British chopper flown by an Italian pilot or a French airliner flown by an Algerian. We're just "spreading freedom" around. Anyway since this helicopter will be assembled by Lockheed, the workers are probably from Mexico.

PS. I tried to get the Waltons to consider moving to a condo in Beijing, so they could be "close to the business" but they balked.

I think I remember Congressional hearings when it made the news that U.S. soldiers were wearing berets made in China. And weren't the contracts then moved to U.S. manufacturers? I could be mistaken. Politicians really confuse me.

Nip

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back