• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Us Pilots Joe Lepore And Jan Paladino Home Safe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Once again, Brazil shows itself to be a corrupt third-world capricous hole. If the pilots are at fault, let's hear the tapes. If they had them, they'd be out by now. Sounds to me like there's a lot of fanny-covering going on in what passes for a government.

On the today show, I was disappointed that no one even mentioned the transponder issue. Did they forget to turn it on? was it broken? or did the 737 have a problem with their transponder?

Do the pilots work directly for the manufacturer? If so, it would make sense that they don't want to bite the hand that feeds them (assuming the transponder was broken).

Do they (the media) expect me to believe that two aircraft with properly operating transponders had a mid air with no warning to anyone? A diligent reporter would at least mention the warning systems available on passenger aircraft that would normally prevent this from happening.

Obviously this accident was probably a combination of factors, but I want the whole story. I feel like our media is about as filtered/biased as they come.

Last edited:
Both pilots work for Excelaire of Ronkonkoma NY.

It's not Joe and Jan's fault they are not proffesional media spokesman. They have never been on national telivision before.

From my knowledge of accident it is believed the Legacy's transponder was not working. It had been reported in the Brazilian media that the airtraffic controllers testifed they knew the Legacy's transponder was inoperative for over an hour and never forwarded this critical information to the legacy crew.

:cool: I hope I don't ever have to try and land an airplane after a mid-air collision. WELCOME HOME GUYS! IT'S A GREAT WAY TO START CHRISTMAS!! I hope our campaign to get you home helped in some small way.

Regards,
D. Simmons

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back