US Passport required??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Onlyflyfreight:

all I can say is I hope the FAA freezes your ATP. You're no better than an illegal alien from Mexico, crossing the border and stealin' my airline job! Go home boy, there's plenty of fish to be caught over there.

FG

freighterguy said:
Onlyflyfreight:

all I can say is I hope the FAA freezes your ATP. You're no better than an illegal alien from Mexico, crossing the border and stealin' my airline job! Go home boy, there's plenty of fish to be caught over there.

FG

You know the definition of Legal, right? First of all I entered this country legally! Second this country allows foreign national to come to this great country, work and live, and still keep their nationality! Third.. Faa freeze my ATP……… that’s laughable!

Besides I do not take MY heritage lightly! I’m simply using the tools that are available to me! My wife, son and daughter are US citizens!

Not becoming a US citizen is personal choice! MY PERSONAL CHOICE!

If you are so afraid that little old me will steal “your airline job” you have bigger issues to deal with!

Lighten up and good luck to you Sir.

You should be proud of your heritage,, no doubt. The problem that arises is where folks from other countries (that would be mostly European) sheeat on us for every move we make.

So,,,, why should you get a job that became from everything that we are?????

If America is that crummy,, if we go to bat for stuff we believe in,, and the rest of the world want to crap on us,,, why should we provide jobs for their kids??

By the way,, did anybody over there pay their debt from WW2??

Remind me.

Sorry, way off topic,, just feeling patriotic tonight. I feel for anybody that is trying to get ahead in this business. From anywhere. But,,, I just don't see a whole lot of US going over,, but a flood coming here. And the kids here are trying too. Tell your neighbors to lay of us,,, and the sentiment will go easy for all of you. As welcoming as we are,,,,,hey, we are all immigrants,, nobody should just be here to get a job. either be with us or go home. If you can't/won't be a citizen,,,,, well,,,,,,,, what does that say.

Last edited:
Onlyflyfreight said:
Also from Norway............... been here nine years. I have no plans on turning in my red book for a blue one!

Well I turned my red book (UK) in for a blue one. The proudest day of my life was receiving my US citizenship. This country and people have done more for me than I can ever repay.

So if things don't work out you will go back to Norway and collect your retirement. No wonder the taxes in Europe are so high. Live in the US for the majority of your life, then go back to Europe to collect your pension which you contributed very little to. What did Kennedy say, "don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country". Oh that's right it's all about you. Enjoy flying your Learjet.

Anybody requiring US citizenship to qualify for any position is illegally discriminating. Common practices at certain employers might be a different issue, but posting citizenship as a requirement is illegal in this country.

(Just to get back to the original question posted without contributing to the nonsense discussion of who is steeling what job, and who has the right to choose where and how they want to live and work, and does not!!)

Herman said:
Anybody requiring US citizenship to qualify for any position is illegally discriminating. Common practices at certain employers might be a different issue, but posting citizenship as a requirement is illegal in this country.

Mostly true... an employer can require U.S. citizenship for a particular job if it is required by federal, state, or local law or by government contract.

Herman said:

Are you saying for aviation, or just in general?

The FBI, local police departments, and I hate to even say it but TSA all require their applicants to be US citizens.

I believe if you work for a carrier that provides transport for US troops, ie. World, Omni etc. you have to be a US citizen to fly those particular trips. If CRAF is activated you have to be a US citizen to fly those trips.

Gemini has hired about 3 foreign nationals in the last 6 months.

Look, all I’m saying is that I don’t take my citizenship status lightly. I did not come to this country to take anybody’s job, nor did I ever imagine that I would end up in this country.

LONG story short: We made the decision to start our lives here, got married, had kids and I got the opportunity to do what I’ve always been fascinated by, flying.

I’ll agree that my statement came out a little harsh (emergency retirement), but reality is that I hold that option for my family and myself. I pay taxes abide the law and otherwise behave like a good citizen. Being compared to an Illegal immigrant is offensive to me!

At this point in time I feel more Norwegian and I’m not quite ready to “jump ships” just because it will give me more employment opportunities. Changing my nationality is, to me, a little more serious and complex than that. I’m not a single individual who can do pretty much whatever I please. I have a family whose opinion matters too! I said have no plans to change nationality, that doesn't mean that in some distant future I won't! I simply wanted to give a fellow Norwegian some advice.

I have never sheat on anybody, and I won’t be held responsible for other people’s opinions

QUOTE “Why should you get a job that became from everything that we are”
I’m not sure what you are asking?

QUOTE “What did Kennedy say, "don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country". Oh that's right it's all about you. Enjoy flying your Learjet.”

I have served my country! I paid taxes while I worked and lived there and I served in the armed services (granted it’s mandatory, but I did not try to get out of it simply because that can easily be done).

No it’s not all about me! It’s all about my family! Again, I did not set out to move to the US! I moved here because (laugh as much as you want!) of love!

So the message that I’m getting here is (plz correct me if I’m wrong) that if I hurry up and get my blue book all is good? However if I take it seriously and have strong feelings about the subject I’m a bastard?

Last edited:
Hey iflyfreight,

don't get all worked up just because some hillbillies here call you names. You are perfectly fine by standing by your country and your heritage. You work here and you pay your taxes so some american granny can get her medicaid; Great! Better than some tax evasive american corporations! This countries spirit is based on people coming here, working here, liking it, eventually becoming citizens. Actually most first generation immigrants didn't become citizens just because they were too attached to their home country, and why not? Their offspring did, and that's fine!

I detest the latest radical notion against immigrants, especially coming from folks who just told me a minute earlier about their spanish/italian/french/german/irish/english/scottish/cambodian/whatever heritage.

So here's to the vikings, the second true americans! :D Even though they came in sailboats and didn't get screened by TSA...

Latest resources

Back