US Passport required??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PltSkiracer

I am a green card holder (Norwegian) currently working as an F/O for a US regional. I will not be eligible to apply for a US citizenship until 2007. Do you need a US passport(US citizen) to work for Gemini, Atlas, Polar, Evergreen, Omni, Kalitta, World, UPS, FedEx etc....

Thanks

Gemini -- Nope.

Starting 1-1-2006, you are gonna have to be a US citizen to PIC N registered aircraft.

just kidding

Evergreen requires US citizenship due to the type of flying they do. Our policy manual states, "GENERALLY, foreign nationals will not be hired..."

Even though it says 'generally,' I have never seen an exception.

If you wanna fly for Evergreen, you'll need to be a US citizen.

Last edited:
Gemini has hired a couple of Green Card holders with in the last six months. The only time that I am aware of an issue is if CRAF were activated. These flights have to be operated by US nationals.

At Kalitta only citizens can be hired due the nature of their business.
No green cards at all.
Several foreign born all with citizenship.

Norge!

Also from Norway............... been here nine years. I have no plans on turning in my red book for a blue one!

There are plenty of employers here that don't require it (UPS being one, that's where I'd like to go). It would probably be easier, but If everything goes south (for me and my familiy) here in this country, that book will be my emergency ticket to descent a retirement.

And NO, Norway does not allow dual citzenship, unless your born here with a Norwegian parent.

Think hard and long before you discide to do something like that!

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions!:)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back