Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

guido411

ShesGoneFromSucktoBLOW!!
Has anybody been dealing with DHS's new rules governing Private Aircraft and advanced reporting requirements? The way it looks by the publications I've been seeing Part 91 operators will be (are?) required to give outbound notification to US Customs. This true? How does it work? Is it already in effect?

I used to have a really good handle on this subject but that was 6 months ago.

http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1226943273725.shtm

I believe that it is TSA that wants the notice, not Customs.
If you use Flightpak through Universal it will automatically send your passenger list to the TSA and will check it against the no fly list.

Has anyone else had a problem purchasing the customs permit? Bought one back on 12/16/08 and still have not received it.

The new number and permit is the one I am still waiting for. Used to turn these things around in two weeks.

The new number and permit is the one I am still waiting for. Used to turn these things around in two weeks.

We got our new number in October or November. If you didn't use that to get the new sticker, you might want to give Customs a quick call. That might be what is holding it up.

Called them last month. Said they were taking anywhere from four to six weeks. Also advised that mine was being processed and they had all payment confirmation. The lady said that they had nothing to do with Apis and could not advise on that. A couple of others in my area are also still waiting. Never had this much of a wait before.

Our stickers have also been held up. Website shows purchase is being processed. Called then to verify they said 6 weeks from order to delivery. Order your decals as early as possible. Fortunately not SUPPOSED to leave the country til March.

Can you purchase these stickers faster by visiting the office? What happens if you dont have one when you are re-entering the US?

Latest resources

Back